• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2024, March 3-10

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
61mjY3Y.jpeg

Ilnur-Zakarin-Paris-Nice-2016.jpg

Can't ask for a much better setup going into the final stage for GC combat, with the current placings. Remco can still win, but Jorgenson is in great position. I think McNulty has done a great job of defending the leader's jersey, but he might still be suffering a bit from the illness he picked up at UAE. Jay Vine didn't look well, today. Same for Almeida. Team flu?

Can't ask for a much better setup going into the final stage for GC combat, with the current placings. Remco can still win, but Jorgenson is in great position. I think McNulty has done a great job of defending the leader's jersey, but he might still be suffering a bit from the illness he picked up at UAE. Jay Vine didn't look well, today. Same for Almeida. Team flu?
Think the weather is against Vine and Almeida. I have see nothing to indicate McNulty is suffering from his illness, just not his terrain.

Still impressive to me how much Evenepoel improved his sprint. Can't be that long ago it was considered a bit of a joke?

He's definitely improved his explosivity over the last couple of years. Now it's really good for a GC guy, not on the level of some yolo accelerations by Pogacar though.

Tomorrow should be fireworks, the race is still wide open. Short and crazy stage. I'm expecting interesting action from Peile on (last 45 km). Evenepoel's attack is on the cards.

It is very likely the race will be in pieces quite early tomorrow.

Those who have multiple riders could have an advantange.

Both Vlasov and Kelderman looked very good today for their respective teams, which is good for both Roglic and Jorgenson.e
That's why I'd like Mads Pederson and Jasper Stuyven in my team for that early stage part tomorrow ......race will b won before the last climb

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think Remco has this in the bag really. Tomorrow is his type of a terrain and I can't see Jorgenson or McNulty follow him when he launches an attack, and when you get droped on a stage like that you ship minutes. Roglic is too far back and doesn't look explosive enough at all to do something.

Not saying it's in the bag but I'm expecting a major move from Remco tomorrow and he has a decent chance to close the GC gap.

Reactions: JosefK and SHAD0W93