• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Paris-Nice: Stage 2 - Contres - Limoges 201 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
If AC has a charley-horse in his quadricept after that crash he should and probably will abandon.

Thank goodness Alberto did not injure himself more seriously.
Like a broken collarbone:(
THAT would have dashed ANY hope for a TdF victory.
Would have been lucky to podium....

But hopefully he can shake off this booboo and get back to business
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Haha

The climbs of tomorrow are not nearly enough for anyone to get away, or more importantly, stay away.
Tomorrow is a sprint stage or maybe a long breakaway, although I doubt Rabobank would allow it. They want to keep the jersey till the Mende stage and then it's up for grabs for Valverde/Contador/Sanchez/Kreuziger and co.

That really depends on how they race it. If the racers want to make it hard that course is difficult enough to blow the bunch apart. We shall see.
 
luckyboy said:
Could it blow out some of the sprinters if Rabo are chasing a breakaway down over that final Cat 3?

Possibly. If Rabo or someone else (Caisse, working for Valv. maybe?) puts down the hammer someone like Chicchi, or maybe Henderson, could get shelled out the back. But I don't think they could drop a Greipel, Haussler or Lorenzetto
 
Polish said:
Thank goodness Alberto did not injure himself more seriously.
Like a broken collarbone:(
THAT would have dashed ANY hope for a TdF victory.
Would have been lucky to podium....

But hopefully he can shake off this booboo and get back to business

Polish, polish. His knob must be sparkling at this point. :p
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
Visit site
Moondance said:
Ummmmm..... Greipel?

Surely Columbia won't let themselves get ****ed by Caisse like they did today again? Boom should be able to hang on to the yellow.

Columbia chose not to chase, they assembled their riders and sat off the front of the peloton. Not saying it was the right choice, but watching the footage thats the one they made.
 
Sep 2, 2009
589
1
0
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
That really depends on how they race it. If the racers want to make it hard that course is difficult enough to blow the bunch apart. We shall see.

Agree. A bunch sprint is the most likely, but this is Paris - Nice.... you never know quite what to expect.
Prediction is not my thing, but I have a feeling that Sammy Sanchez will try to do something.
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
Visit site
&quot said:
CN Piece on Boom[/url]"]The day after winning the prologue in Monfort-L'Amaury, the 2008 time trial world champion ...

Whoops! Boom is good, but he ain't THAT good.


In other news, very interesting to watch the replay and see how people made the winning break. Caisse pushed the initial move and there were four or five guys who were just in the right place at the right time, and then Boom crossed the gap on his own, followed by Roche and Voigt also both solo, and then Hendy and Millar and I think Ivanov in a group.


Also hilarious to watch Astana riders dropping back to pace Contador in to the pack after his crash, and then seeing him blow right past them on the bumper of the Rabo car and completely failing to get on to his wheel.
 

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
780
0
0
Visit site
Polish said:
Thank goodness Alberto did not injure himself more seriously.
Like a broken collarbone:(
THAT would have dashed ANY hope for a TdF victory.
Would have been lucky to podium....

But hopefully he can shake off this booboo and get back to business

I hope you can re-compose yourself after such a scare. :p
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Whoops! Boom is good, but he ain't THAT good.


In other news, very interesting to watch the replay and see how people made the winning break. Caisse pushed the initial move and there were four or five guys who were just in the right place at the right time, and then Boom crossed the gap on his own, followed by Roche and Voigt also both solo, and then Hendy and Millar and I think Ivanov in a group.


Also hilarious to watch Astana riders dropping back to pace Contador in to the pack after his crash, and then seeing him blow right past them on the bumper of the Rabo car and completely failing to get on to his wheel.

One year earlier and U/23.

Polish you really can be a lot of fun sometimes. I can see it now...
Alberto why didn't you win Paris Nice? My leg was giving me a little trouble after the crash on stage one.
Lance why didn't you win the vuelta de murcia? My belly was giving me a little trouble after some pies I ate in the off season.
 
Oct 25, 2009
344
0
0
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Also hilarious to watch Astana riders dropping back to pace Contador in to the pack after his crash, and then seeing him blow right past them on the bumper of the Rabo car and completely failing to get on to his wheel.

Hilarious yes but no wonder - Conti was dead set drafting that Rabo car at speed sitting dead centre and a few millimetres back (not even pretending in case someone was watching) - a protected species perhaps? :confused:
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
Visit site
Nearly said:
Hilarious yes but no wonder - Conti was dead set drafting that Rabo car at speed sitting dead centre and a few millimetres back (not even pretending in case someone was watching) - a protected species perhaps? :confused:

Was wondering about that...looked like he was hitting about 100kph. Maybe as the crash was so late he was given a bit of leeway. Maybe because his name is Alberto he was given leeway. I'm sure the commisaires considered it, would be interesting to hear why there wasn't a penalty, or maybe tomorrow we'll find out there is.
 
karlboss said:
Was wondering about that...looked like he was hitting about 100kph. Maybe as the crash was so late he was given a bit of leeway. Maybe because his name is Alberto he was given leeway. I'm sure the commisaires considered it, would be interesting to hear why there wasn't a penalty, or maybe tomorrow we'll find out there is.

He wasn't penalized because his group
was within the 3km safe zone. It was
pretty hilarious to see his teammates drop back to
pace and him fly by them.
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
He wasn't penalized because his group
was within the 3km safe zone. It was
pretty hilarious to see his teammates drop back to
pace and him fly by them.

I thought that was the case too, but then why even get on again?
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
I went back and had a look at AC's & HH's crash - it was outside the 3km to go. In the coverage you can see the break pass the 3k sign at the side of the road and then it cuts back to AC & HH on the deck and about 100 meters in the distance is the same sign.
 

TRENDING THREADS