• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice: Stage 2 - Contres - Limoges 201 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Ferminal said:
Yes, anyone know the reason behind the shocking pictures?

After watching most sport in HD, this looks terrible.

Im thinking they are deliberately reducing the quality to force us all to upgrade to HD.. Watching it, the overheads were crystal clear, it was the motorbike pictures that where awful.

as for the race, that finishing route was awful, how much furniture?

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Im thinking they are deliberately reducing the quality to force us all to upgrade to HD.. Watching it, the overheads were crystal clear, it was the motorbike pictures that where awful.

as for the race, that finishing route was awful, how much furniture?

French saying Fofonov

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Also the furniture had nothing to do with the crash, the QS guy on the front pulled over to drop back and his team-mate (who had been third wheel) was charging forward with his head down and went straight into the back of him.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Also the furniture had nothing to do with the crash, the QS guy on the front pulled over to drop back and his team-mate (who had been third wheel) was charging forward with his head down and went straight into the back of him.

I think it was Bole who went down first actually.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
http://www.sporza.be/permalink/1.733213

Final k - it still looks like Bole to me. The guy who went down first stays down and is then hit by a Garmin, and I didn't see a Quick-Stepper who crashed.

You may be correct, I think I only had it half right. The guy who was on the front and pulled over and slowed was definitely a QS rider, but on repeat viewing it does look like a Vacansoleil rider who goes in to the back of him and hits the deck.

I wonder if the crash even had that much effect on the big names missing the sprint, at the time the crash happened it already seemed like the teams of the big sprinters were scattered all over the place thanks to the winding finish. If one of them had managed to get a big enough train together and held control through the last 2 or 3 KM it would have been very hard to come around them, but they all went at it in ones and twos.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
You may be correct, I think I only had it half right. The guy who was on the front and pulled over and slowed was definitely a QS rider, but on repeat viewing it does look like a Vacansoleil rider who goes in to the back of him and hits the deck.

Ah yes, the QSTs were definitely involved. But one managed to pass Bole (Lampre) on the left and one on the right I think, Bole crashed, a Garmin guy sprinted straight into his back and went over him (that must've hurt for Bole) and then an Astana sprinted into the Lampre rider as well. Painful affair all over.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Haussler 15th, Henderson 25th, Greipel 36th. Chicci was the only pre-race sprint favourite who was even in the mix, and the best he could wind up was 9th. I am really enjoying how crazy and unpredictable this race has been so far, I hope it continues like this.

tgsgirl said:
Ah yes, the QSTs were definitely involved. But one managed to pass Bole (Lampre) on the left and one on the right I think, Bole crashed, a Garmin guy sprinted straight into his back and went over him (that must've hurt for Bole) and then an Astana sprinted into the Lampre rider as well. Painful affair all over.

Looking at the video replay again (bored at work, can you tell?) I think it was a Saur-Sojasun or Vacansoleil rider who catapulted over Bole once he hit the deck, and then Tony Martin hits Bole, Dan Martin hits Tony Martin and the Astana rider hits Dan.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:

Ok, had a look at replays now. Quickstep pulls off, gets hit by lampre who goes down, who gets hit by a ????, tony matrin hits both and ends up on the deck, another rider brakes (garmin) so not hit tony martin, but get sprinted into by fofonov.?

I reckon thats it!

A

Anonymous

blackcat said:
a rival for Boasson?

He'll eclipse EBH at this rate! He may even rival the great Taylor Phinney! Yes, I know. :p

Of course, that's until Phinney gets the full Shack treatment. ;)