• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 3 Châtel-Guyon -> Brioude 170 km, Wednesday 6th March

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
They should do the loop the other way.

However it seems highly likely a sprinter will win, although slim chance of something else.
OPQS will try to put Chavanel in the lead and probably will succeed but I think they will do by setting a very high tempo rather than Chavanel attacking.

I think Rojas, Matthews and Viviani have the best chance for a stage win. I expect to see some attacks from Sylvain and some hard work done by Gilbert.

I do hope Matthews can win, but i wouldn't mind if the other 2 did either.
Renshaw if he survives could go well too.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think doing the loop that way around favours attackers more than the other way around. A narrow descent will make it much more difficult to get organised and chase. OK so it's probably still going to be a sprint. But a wide descent is a lot easier to find your sprinter, bring him to the front and get chasing than a narrow one like we've got today.

will10 said:
Personally I think doing the loop that way around favours attackers more than the other way around. A narrow descent will make it much more difficult to get organised and chase. OK so it's probably still going to be a sprint. But a wide descent is a lot easier to find your sprinter, bring him to the front and get chasing than a narrow one like we've got today.
So 8 km on good wide roads with no flat is worse for attackers, than 11 km of good wide road that is flat?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Gallopin FTW.

I read on his sisters blog that he didn't feel good yesterday, stiff and sore from a crash on stage 1...

I hope Voeckler and Chavanel will go kamikaze in that descend, also agree that Meersman sounds like a good candidate

TRENDING THREADS