• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Peraud Top 10 Possible?

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
With some nice performances at the Vuelta al Pais Vasco (4th) and at Paris-Nice (9th), do you guys think Peraud could do a top 10 finish at the Vuelta? He's 19th right now, and I know there's a lot of quality riders in front of him, but some of them might have a crash or run out of energy at some point in the Vuelta. Would be pretty cool for him to do it in his first full season. Thoughts?

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Aquarthur said:
With some nice performances at the Vuelta al Pais Vasco (4th) and at Paris-Nice (9th), do you guys think Peraud could do a top 10 finish at the Vuelta? He's 19th right now, and I know there's a lot of quality riders in front of him, but some of them might have a crash or run out of energy at some point in the Vuelta. Would be pretty cool for him to do it in his first full season. Thoughts?

Its a big ask. He should concentrate on helping Gilbert for now.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Why not, Deignan got a top 10 that way last year.

True. But Deignan wasn't a first year pro either. I think he'll be told to defend la Roja now, which will effect his overall chances. Thats how Lotto (sorry Pharma-Omeg works, unfortunatly.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
deignan got in top ten because of a break. he can do top ten or even better but it depends on how well he recuperates, we have no idea yet. but I see a lot of prospect in him

according to his blog Peraud was struggling a lot the last days because of the heat and yesterday he had to play the water carrier for the team, so neither himself nor the team seems to be very confident in reaching a top position in the general classification.

search said:
according to his blog Peraud was struggling a lot the last days because of the heat and yesterday he had to play the water carrier for the team, so neither himself nor the team seems to be very confident in reaching a top position in the general classification.
That's a bit strange, I thought he went into this Vuelta as their protected GC guy. The red jersey for Gilbert apparently changed things a bit.

Decent result for him today, finishing 13 (excluding the breakaway) and he is 14th overall. Tomorrow is a big day though, how will he do when you have multiple big climbs? If he can do well then he should pick up a few places in the long time trial and, although he could lose these again on saturday, be at least close to the top 10.

today he drove half the stage without recognizing that his rear wheal was touching the break and lost half an hour...so that's it

hopefully he can recover well tomorrow and show something in the time trial, I think top 5 should be possible regarding his qualities

TRENDING THREADS