• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 212 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If unfollowing someone on Twitter is "very serious steps" in your world I worry for you.
If a sarcasm is something unknown in your world I'm equally concerned about you.

the type who'd hang out with Andrew Talansky.
a friend of Talansky
Are you a friend of Talansky?

I'm afraid "being Talansky's friend" isn't something desirable according to you - but why not, maybe I'd get along with him - I was probably not the most intelligent racer in my days as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So as it turns out, on this forum, you can freely insult an ex-rider (not to mention it's a total offtop) just because you don't like his personal views or his personal opinions and observations about the current world situation.

What do we know from this thread about Andrew Talansky (despite it's not even his thread) so far?
  • he's a total nutcase
  • he was never an intelligent racer - because of his personal views being "controversial" for some
  • he's a crackpot
  • somene even decided to take very serious steps and unfollowed him on twitter :eek:
I think a comment from a man himself sums up all of it very well:

image.png
If you watched Paris Nice 2013, you would understand he's not an intelligent racer

Reactions: gunara
Strangest thing IMHO is that he drinks so much alcohol two days before Romandie that he can‘t remember what he had done.

He even won a stage in Romandie, OK.

His new opponents, for a few years now, have been van Aert and van der Poel. Normally, if you are still hungry for success, you keep your eye on every detail to have a chance against these new top riders. I suppose Sagan is not 100% hungry for success any more, at least not over the full season. Considering his palmares, I even understand him.

Cavendish 2021 has shown that you should never ever write a champion off, and Sagan still is a big champion. I however fear that Bernaudeau could have bought the next disappointment, after the disappointing transfer of Terpstra...

Reactions: stonerider
I suppose a vaccination can hinder a top athlete's performance in a similar way a tenacious cough or lingering cold can - it doesn't have to, though, and probably doesn't in the majority of cases, but I suppose it's possible that if you aren't fully fit and up to your best and then do real high level sports as if you are it takes a toll on your body - and cyclists are among those for whom even two bad weeks in which you are going over your limit (or you are not training at all) can have a bad effect for months.
I tend to think of them as similar to race horses - able to perform incredibly, but you have to be very careful with their nutrition and care, they can be really sensitive. ;)

Honestly, I understand why an elite athlete would wait until his season goals are over before getting vaccinated. It could mess with your performance, so many won't be willing to take the risk. If you get vaccinated you can always use it as an excuse for your poor performance (see Fuglsang in the TdF).;)

• Wow
Actually it does not mess anything. It's just that some of these athletes are overly cautious and fear and rumours spreads easily among them. Kinda natural thing. Personally seen this close when athlete gets vaccinated first shot and 3-4 hours after that goes out to almost extreme heat wather conditions to blast vo2max workout with completely normal power output, no sideeffects during or after. And later second shot again normal training some hrs after that. No problems, bit sore upper arm for one day.

Actually it does not mess anything. It's just that some of these athletes are overly cautious and fear and rumours spreads easily among them. Kinda natural thing. Personally seen this close when athlete gets vaccinated first shot and 3-4 hours after that goes out to almost extreme heat wather conditions to blast vo2max workout with completely normal power output, no sideeffects during or after. And later second shot again normal training some hrs after that. No problems, bit sore upper arm for one day.
I had a sore back for one day but the 2nd day after getting vaccinated I went on a +3H ride, so no side effects. I do know some people who were sick/had a fever for a few day and as you say, athletes can be overy cautious when it comes to those things.

You missed the words “for many.” Obviously most people are fine, but a couple friends of mine were greatly effected in a negative way by it. My only point is that you can’t make a blanket statement in either direction.

You missed the words “for many.” Obviously most people are fine, but a couple friends of mine were greatly effected in a negative way by it. My only point is that you can’t make a blanket statement in either direction.

Yeah, it was bit shoot from the hip. People are individuals really. It needs timing if your future and personal bank balance is built around your bodys ability to perform.

(now did I just made complete turn of directon..:joycat:)

• Wow
Honestly, I understand why an elite athlete would wait until his season goals are over before getting vaccinated. It could mess with your performance, so many won't be willing to take the risk. If you get vaccinated you can always use it as an excuse for your poor performance (see Fuglsang in the TdF).;)
I’m pretty sure the oddds of getting symptomatic COVID are much higher than debilitating side effects from the vaccine…

Sagan tests positive for COVID again. Juraj has also tested positive this time around.

"My brother Juraj and I took Covid-19 tests which, unfortunately, came out positive. We have symptoms related to the virus and we are following the corresponding guidance set by the relevant authorities. I'll keep you posted."

" Sagan was due to reveal the 2022 TotalEnergies racing kit at the French team’s service course on January 10 in France and then attend a training camp in Calpe, Spain. However, under the latest French COVID-19 regulations, he will now have to isolate at home in Montecarlo for at least five days and return a negative test.

Sagan looks a little porky in his latest posts on social media. His best days are behind him...doesn't appear to have the motivation to live the disciplined life to be the best version of himself on the bicycle. I understand though as I'm in the same boat with motivation, but I'm 53 years old.

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS