• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Billie said:
if you have majka, kreuziger, bennati in the team is it really too much to ask of one of them to help him in this final km. Easy win if they do.

No, but look at the crash today. It's not worth the risk.

EDIT: Also with the TTT coming up. They simply can't risk any of the guys, everybody needs to be at 100 %. Tossatto is already a little hurt apparently.

Re: Re:

rm7 said:
Billie said:
if you have majka, kreuziger, bennati in the team is it really too much to ask of one of them to help him in this final km. Easy win if they do.

No, but look at the crash today. It's not worth the risk.

well considering sagan was ahead of crash,he was actually in the safest position to avoid that crash...so if you want to keep safe you should be with sagan :D

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Ludwig's Olaf said:
Contador won nine Grand Tours

Not there yet, it's 7 for now.

As for Sagan, he is doing what he does best and that is consistancy. The new points system is preventing him from being in green yet, but that will come soon. Sagan doesn't need a train, just a little bit better positioning, but i'm sure he won't have nightmares if he doesn't win a stage, but just the jersey for a 4th straight year.

May 17, 2015
Visit site

Billie said:
Z3lvet said:
Does anyone have any idea how much Sagan weights now? He looks so big and seems faster on flat, but maybe it´s just me.

Sporza asked him today if he was lighter than last year and he said he had "no idea"
He probably didn´t understand the question. It wouldn´t be the first time, english isn´t his strong suit. (Assuming they asked him in English?)

Z3lvet said:
Billie said:
Z3lvet said:
Does anyone have any idea how much Sagan weights now? He looks so big and seems faster on flat, but maybe it´s just me.

Sporza asked him today if he was lighter than last year and he said he had "no idea"
He probably didn´t understand the question. It wouldn´t be the first time, english isn´t his strong suit. (Assuming they asked him in English?)

The guy is not ***. He understands english and it was not a hard question :rolleyes:

May 17, 2015
Visit site

Billie said:
Z3lvet said:
Billie said:
Z3lvet said:

The guy is not ***. He understands english and it was not a hard question :rolleyes:
I never said he is ***, but i thought he would know how much he weights.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Sagan clearly raced to maximize point differential today, not to win the stage. 2nd was better than 5th if he went early and got caught or he chased Stybar and got passed.

He has more opportunities to max points over Greipel and Cav on Stages 8, 15 and 16. 14 is steep and 13 does not have enough obstacles (unless other sprinters are worn out from Pyrenees). He's still got a real shot at Green unless AC get's the jersey in the Pyrenees. Then TS will be defending to the Alpes and that will be a big energy draw.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Good tactical racing today by Sagan to maximize points. Everyone was marking him so there was little chance for a stage win at the end so second while Greipel was nowhere is the best situation for him. Really hope he wins Green and perhaps a stage, his selfless work for TS and Contador needs rewarding

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Billie said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Billie said:

You clearly must have thrown a blind eye to the crash

He was already alone with 5 kms to go.

He works his ass off on the pave stage cause without him Contodar loses time to both Froome and Nibali but none of his teammate do anything back.
It appeared to me that that there were more domestiques with Contador, not only Sagan, working for Alberto on that stage, some of them finishing at front. Maybe Contador wouldn't lose time if Sagan wasn't there.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

BostonRob said:
Ludwig's Olaf said:
Contador won nine Grand Tours

Not there yet, it's 7 for now.

As for Sagan, he is doing what he does best and that is consistancy. The new points system is preventing him from being in green yet, but that will come soon. Sagan doesn't need a train, just a little bit better positioning, but i'm sure he won't have nightmares if he doesn't win a stage, but just the jersey for a 4th straight year.

It's 9, guess you didn't saw all of them, cause if you did, you would know ;)

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
He's still got a good chance for the green jersey with only 4 real sprint stages left, i think he'll be disappointed if he doesn't win another stage though. He can pick up points at the intermediates in the mountains too, go in the early break and pick up points then help Contador later on.

LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:

He works his ass off on the pave stage cause without him Contodar loses time to both Froome and Nibali but none of his teammate do anything back.
None of his teammates were with Contador either. If they aren't there, they can't help him either, it's that simple.

They aren't there because they are working for Contador. . Kreuz or Bennatti could have been there but I guess they are easing up as importnat stages coming up for Contador

But having said that Sagan knows the score ...yellow is priority
He would have known that when he signed that lucrative contract

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
He made the best of a poor situation. Very clever riding to secure 2nd.
Yes this.He was following Degenkolb wheel.Didn't want Degenkolb on his wheel.And because someone lost Stybar wheel he could not do more.Very good tacticall desicion from green points of view.The same for Stybar.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:

None of his teammates were with Contador either. If they aren't there, they can't help him either, it's that simple.

They aren't there because they are working for Contador. . Kreuz or Bennatti could have been there but I guess they are easing up as importnat stages coming up for Contador

But having said that Sagan knows the score ...yellow is priority
He would have known that when he signed that lucrative contract
Yep he knows the score and he looks very happy.All eyes are on Alberto and he is slowly getting back to 2012 version of Sagan=Soson beast is back so watch out :D .And Oleg has to pay :p

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

dacooley said:
if hushovd managed to survive at the steepest part of mur de bretagne in 2011 sagan is easily capable to do the same and even more, i personally expect a win from him there:)
Expecting a win from Sagan seems to be a bit too optimistic.

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Mr.White said:
It's 9, guess you didn't saw all of them, cause if you did, you would know ;)

I saw 2 that he had no right in competing. The flaw in the system isn't my problem, and things won't change no matter how many times people here are going to say it.

And not to be off-topic, are Sagans 14 second place finishes a record for the Tour.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Already asked this, Zabel leads with 22. But Sagan has a great chance to get there and claim that dubious record.

Mention of Contador's GC victories should be just deleted or contained in the Contador thread.

TRENDING THREADS