• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
tinkoff's statement for slovak television. It's my translation from slovak, so it might not be 100% accurate as he said it.

Today, it was nice farewell with my "Rendez-vous" with cycling. Peter is simply the best and he proved it once again. I am glad for those two years. He's going to collect next wins on Tour for Bora. Fingers crossed for him. When I see your(note, slovak) fans, he'd deserve his own slovak team though.

I don't know, but either he's honest for the first time in history, or he's mocking everybody as he did together with Sagan preceding Sagan signing for tinkoff 2 years ago.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

tomorrow said:
tinkoff's statement for slovak television. It's my translation from slovak, so it might not be 100% accurate as he said it.

Today, it was nice farewell with my "Rendez-vous" with cycling. Peter is simply the best and he proved it once again. I am glad for those two years. He's going to collect next wins on Tour for Bora. Fingers crossed for him. When I see your(note, slovak) fans, he'd deserve his own slovak team though.

I don't know, but either he's honest for the first time in history, or he's mocking everybody as he did together with Sagan preceding Sagan signing for tinkoff 2 years ago.

"honest for the first time in history"?

Tinkov has been honest every since he entered cycling as a sponsor. Unfortunately, his message has not always been received positively. Perhaps, because his opinion delivery is not always ideal.

Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
tomorrow said:

"honest for the first time in history"?

Tinkov has been honest every since he entered cycling as a sponsor. Unfortunately, his message has not always been received positively. Perhaps, because his opinion delivery is not always ideal.

you're right, I hyperboled a little too much. Though, even if Oleg hadn't been watching his mouth, he's been playing mind games before or not telling the whole truth, with signing sagan, with Riis, ...

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Bora already has Twhaites, Barta, Selig, Voss, Bauhaus (?), Bennett (?). With 1 or 2 more signs, Bora can give to Sagan a good support. Riders like Bennati, Oss, Navardauskas could be a good fit.

Re:

Walter Morgan said:
Bora already has Twhaites, Barta, Selig, Voss, Bauhaus (?), Bennett (?). With 1 or 2 more signs, Bora can give to Sagan a good support. Riders like Bennati, Oss, Navardauskas could be a good fit.[/quote
Add Tony Martin and we have a winning team for spring
Ooops. MARTIN hate cobbles. So we have winning team for Ardenas. Oops Sagan do not ride Ardenas.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
Walter Morgan said:
Bora already has Twhaites, Barta, Selig, Voss, Bauhaus (?), Bennett (?). With 1 or 2 more signs, Bora can give to Sagan a good support. Riders like Bennati, Oss, Navardauskas could be a good fit.[/quote
Ooops. MARTIN hate cobbles. So we have winning team for Ardenas. Oops Sagan do not ride Ardenas.

Would like to see Oss and Sagan in the same team again.

SKSemtex said:
Walter Morgan said:

Tony Martin made a great job at Roubaix this year.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Walter Morgan said:
Bora already has Twhaites, Barta, Selig, Voss, Bauhaus (?), Bennett (?). With 1 or 2 more signs, Bora can give to Sagan a good support. Riders like Bennati, Oss, Navardauskas could be a good fit.
Bennati was with him in the same teamm for two years and done nothing(most of the time injury).So he doesn't need him(too old anyway).Oss resigned a new contract with BMC.

Superb Tour by Sagan. I think this was his peak Tour. This is not possible to go better :) Even his Champs Elysses sprint was his strongest of 5 times. I am really curious how he can prepare himself for MTB olympics. Oleg hints he should go Canadians classics so I hope he will be on form and won´t mess up his form because of Rio. I would love to see him at Eneco this year too.

Re:

portugal11 said:
I would love to see him in liege. Next year, he will win roubaix and flanders, i'm pretty sure of that

Me too.

I wish him to win MSR next year so he can move on with his schedule towards LBL and Amstel.

Actually I do not mind him to skip it even next year in case they will stick with the present easy parkour. The race is too easy for him and I do think he will have better chance in LBL than in MSR.

Unfortunately he will be chasing Zabel record in green jersey but it would be nice to see him to do Giro and Vuelta one year instead of TDF.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
portugal11 said:
I would love to see him in liege. Next year, he will win roubaix and flanders, i'm pretty sure of that

Me too.

I wish him to win MSR next year so he can move on with his schedule towards LBL and Amstel.

Actually I do not mind him to skip it even next year in case they will stick with the present easy parkour. The race is too easy for him and I do think he will have better chance in LBL than in MSR.

Unfortunately he will be chasing Zabel record in green jersey but it would be nice to see him to do Giro and Vuelta one year instead of TDF.

In two years he'll have broken the record and he might target his first Giro. He can always do the Tour-Vuelta double, just not this year because of the Olympics.

Re:

portugal11 said:
He's still a long way off winning Roubaix imo. He's never seriously challenged there and it just doesn't offer the recovery (even if just 30 seconds - 1minute like Flanders) which he needs to put in the repeated hard efforts.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:
He's still a long way off winning Roubaix imo. He's never seriously challenged there and it just doesn't offer the recovery (even if just 30 seconds - 1minute like Flanders) which he needs to put in the repeated hard efforts.

Also, we saw all classics season that Sagan can't sprint as well as others unless he's had a few km of rest immediately before the final. There's no way you arrive in the Velodrome at the front of the race with a few km's rest; while his sprinting seems to have improved notably this Tour, it still seems to me that he should probably try and solo in, and I don't think he has the sheer power for that (yet?).

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Sagan was clearly the strongest in roubaix. He lost time at 100 km to finish and he still finished on top10. He made 40 km alone because cancellara fall and he didn't loose a lot of time.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Cannibal72 said:
DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:

Also, we saw all classics season that Sagan can't sprint as well as others unless he's had a few km of rest immediately before the final. There's no way you arrive in the Velodrome at the front of the race with a few km's rest; while his sprinting seems to have improved notably this Tour, it still seems to me that he should probably try and solo in, and I don't think he has the sheer power for that (yet?).

Well being the main person to drive the group from 30km out in RvV including holding off Cancellara+Vanmarcke at the end (actually gained time on him) in a 13km TT is a good start.

TRENDING THREADS