• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 184 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh, God, no. There will be another Giro 6 months later...

There will also be another set of classics in 6 months time. He has ridden plenty of those but never a Giro. As a fan I am far more excited to see him in the Giro this time around. It will also shift the dynamic of the cobbled classics as the likes of GVA cant just lean on Sagan and pass the responsibility to pull back dangerous moves.

There will also be another set of classics in 6 months time. He has ridden plenty of those but never a Giro. As a fan I am far more excited to see him in the Giro this time around. It will also shift the dynamic of the cobbled classics as the likes of GVA cant just lean on Sagan and pass the responsibility to pull back dangerous moves.

Yes, but given that the Classics is what defines his type of rider, it's far more important that he goes there.

Reactions: Sandisfan
There are some rumours in slovak media that Sagan will ride Giro and Tour and will skip classics except San Remo. It is horrible plan if it is true.

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/446994...ur-aj-giro-teda-v-priebehu-58-dni-az-42-etap/
It is strange. However this has been a strange year. So priorities have changed all over the place. And this is just another one of those shifted targets by cyclists. If the sponsors want that, then there is nothing that can be done about it.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019
Visit site
He’s maybe signed a contract to ride the giro. So has to money wise. He will be missing the classics but that’s how It has to be this year. Least there won’t be a full year to wait after this years races. I just hope the do go ahead so we have some season. And I hope he finally ticks off Milan san remo. It’s obviously on his mind.

Un-freaking-believable.

At least we'll get to see him a lot.

Denk's statements were pretty good, after all. He didn't want to disrespect the Giro and felt that it had been disrespected quite an amount with the new calendar.

Thinking about the Giro going on simultaneously with the classics, Sagan can really be expected to go rampant considering the expectedly light field if he doesn't tire from the Tour.

Good news for the Giro. Won't make much change for his fans - they follow wherever he's participating. Though it makes a change for the Classics' fans.
For the sponsors, it probably was the sum of days in the open, and for him, there might even be some attachment involved.
Overall, I'd say it's a decision that will maximize broader gains in this skewed season.

Peter Sagan had a virtual press conference with Slovak media.

Full audio can be found at

It is in Slovak, you may understand it if you understand Czech or Polish

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS