Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 184 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was thinking about Sagan and this last year, Seems he has lost some punch, and the win total reflects that.

Coincidentally this last year he was forced to ride disc brake wheels all year.

Yes heavier wheels do impact performance.

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah I noticed. On Paris Roubaix he won on rim brakes last year. Then this year he’s back on discs for it ?
Is disc brakes needed for P-r?
He’s probably paid to ride what bikes they say.(sponsors) Rather than what he wants.

Nov 20, 2018
Was thinking about Sagan and this last year, Seems he has lost some punch, and the win total reflects that.

Coincidentally this last year he was forced to ride disc brake wheels all year.

Yes heavier wheels do impact performance.
I would say that his illness just before the Tirreno is the main reason for his lack of wins.

Nov 20, 2018
Yes he has not any realistic goal after the Tour. I fear this huge break between seasons will cost him some shape at spring 2021. If I am correct the olympic race is 25.7.2020. It is whole half a year in off season. He maybe should give himself some racing days in september. Binck Bank + eurochamps+ Tour of Slovakia seems reasonable to me.
According to internet discussions in Slovakia the announced plan is the plan of races till OG. What races he will participate in after OG will be decided later.

Oh, God, no. There will be another Giro 6 months later...
There will also be another set of classics in 6 months time. He has ridden plenty of those but never a Giro. As a fan I am far more excited to see him in the Giro this time around. It will also shift the dynamic of the cobbled classics as the likes of GVA cant just lean on Sagan and pass the responsibility to pull back dangerous moves.

There will also be another set of classics in 6 months time. He has ridden plenty of those but never a Giro. As a fan I am far more excited to see him in the Giro this time around. It will also shift the dynamic of the cobbled classics as the likes of GVA cant just lean on Sagan and pass the responsibility to pull back dangerous moves.
Yes, but given that the Classics is what defines his type of rider, it's far more important that he goes there.

Reactions: Sandisfan
There are some rumours in slovak media that Sagan will ride Giro and Tour and will skip classics except San Remo. It is horrible plan if it is true.

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/446994/kaskader-peter-sagan-mal-by-absolvovat-tour-aj-giro-teda-v-priebehu-58-dni-az-42-etap/
It is strange. However this has been a strange year. So priorities have changed all over the place. And this is just another one of those shifted targets by cyclists. If the sponsors want that, then there is nothing that can be done about it.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019
He’s maybe signed a contract to ride the giro. So has to money wise. He will be missing the classics but that’s how It has to be this year. Least there won’t be a full year to wait after this years races. I just hope the do go ahead so we have some season. And I hope he finally ticks off Milan san remo. It’s obviously on his mind.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS