Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 184 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was thinking about Sagan and this last year, Seems he has lost some punch, and the win total reflects that.

Coincidentally this last year he was forced to ride disc brake wheels all year.

Yes heavier wheels do impact performance.

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah I noticed. On Paris Roubaix he won on rim brakes last year. Then this year he’s back on discs for it ?
Is disc brakes needed for P-r?
He’s probably paid to ride what bikes they say.(sponsors) Rather than what he wants.

Nov 20, 2018
Was thinking about Sagan and this last year, Seems he has lost some punch, and the win total reflects that.

Coincidentally this last year he was forced to ride disc brake wheels all year.

Yes heavier wheels do impact performance.
I would say that his illness just before the Tirreno is the main reason for his lack of wins.

Nov 20, 2018
Yes he has not any realistic goal after the Tour. I fear this huge break between seasons will cost him some shape at spring 2021. If I am correct the olympic race is 25.7.2020. It is whole half a year in off season. He maybe should give himself some racing days in september. Binck Bank + eurochamps+ Tour of Slovakia seems reasonable to me.
According to internet discussions in Slovakia the announced plan is the plan of races till OG. What races he will participate in after OG will be decided later.

ASK THE COMMUNITY