• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It wouldn't surprise me if Sagan was looking to get a MVDP kimd of deal, a smaller team that allows him to also ride MTB and pick his goals while still getting seven figures from Specialized.

I don't think he wants to ride MTB, honestly. He is a road racer and has admitted to be that.

I think it is one of the better interviews I have read with him, and it was nice to see that he doesn't feel like being in the autumn of his career.

I don't think he wants to ride MTB, honestly. He is a road racer and has admitted to be that.

I think it is one of the better interviews I have read with him, and it was nice to see that he doesn't feel like being in the autumn of his career.
Sagan could ride anything to promote bikes for Specialized. Looking at the roadies spending $5grand on gravel bikes and then riding on the road is indication of that market and his brand affiliation could last past his racing career. Endorsements make the icon richer.

Sagan could ride anything to promote bikes for Specialized. Looking at the roadies spending $5grand on gravel bikes and then riding on the road is indication of that market and his brand affiliation could last past his racing career. Endorsements make the icon richer.
Can he still do the BORA appliance commercial if he’s no longer on that team? :)

Sagan to DQS next season?
I guess it's not impossible considering DQS also rides with specialized bikes, but Sagan will have to agree to take a way lower salary. Probably also depends on who the new sponsor(s) will be and how big the budget will be. Lefevere wants a bigger budget, but I can imagine that he mainly wants to spend it on improving the GC-side of the team with Evenepoel there.

Other than "pressure" from Specialized, I can't see why he would want to go to DQS.

The more I think about it, the more I think that JV/EF needs to figure out how to get this guys back on a Cannondale! Granted, that's a good move for JV/EF, but not necessarily for PS. He would be their star though, and maybe pay him what he wants.

IMO QS would be a great fit for Sagan. Less pressure, better support. The problem for him is that he hasn't proven he can be a big winner again. Hope that changes soon but until then he's going to be viewed with a bit of skepticism. There's a new generation who are frankly stronger right now.

TRENDING THREADS