• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 210 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If I were Bora I'd go with Pollitt as leader and Sagan as backup for PR. Sagan doesn't have it anymore.
I suspect he’ll still be leader because he’s Peter Sagan. But since his stage win at the Tour, I’ve seen Politt as a definite dark horse for Roubaix (as much as last edition’s runner up can be a “dark horse”), and it’s possible Sagan’s best role in the final hour of racing will be “if you’re going to chase Politt, you have to tow Sagan with you.”

It would be ironic if, finally, Sagan has team support in the finale of a monument and a) he’s leaving the team next year and b) he has to work for that teammate and not vice versa.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The majority of pros: "party culture in proffesional cycling is dead nowadays"

Peter Sagan:
image.png

...wins Romandie stage, 3 days later.

Last edited:
When the performances on the road take a dive and the media spectacle takes over, it is the beginning of the end.
I'm not saying Sagan isn't coming near his end (cause his best day are surely over), but I suppose there'd be the same media spectacle about any othere rider who did what Sagan did in April. Also don't forget that some sort of media spectacle has been an inseparable element of Sagan's career from the very beginning.

Last edited:
Hard to say whether Sagan actually is antivax or if it was simply used as an excuse for his behavior (probably not the best excuse as it's a controversial topic).
If he wasn't such a thicko he'd have known he wouldn't have been shot up with Bill Gates's magic serum, as he was at that point just a couple of months past having the lurgi and so not eligible to be vaxxed. The boy should stick to letting off fire extinguishers.

Has to be said though, he looks like the type who'd hang out with Andrew Talansky.

If he wasn't such a thicko he'd have known he wouldn't have been shot up with Bill Gates's magic serum, as he was at that point just a couple of months past having the lurgi and so not eligible to be vaxxed. The boy should stick to letting off fire extinguishers.

Has to be said though, he looks like the type who'd hang out with Andrew Talansky.
Man I had no idea the stuff talansky was spouting until I read this. He was never the most intelligent racer.

He was probably drunk, so I don't expect him to act super rational. Maybe his opinion at the time was just that he didn't need the vaccine because he already had Covid. Not the biggest Sagan fan, but it's a bit harsh to assume that he's an anti-vax hardliner because of this.

He was probably drunk, so I don't expect him to act super rational. Maybe his opinion at the time was just that he didn't need the vaccine because he already had Covid. Not the biggest Sagan fan, but it's a bit harsh to assume that he's an anti-vax hardliner because of this.
I read it as he didnt want to be randomly injected with a powerful vaccine at some random interval because he's an elite pro athlete and he works with his doctors before he takes injections. Wouldn't it be against UCI rules to randomly take needle injections at 1am?

Lol political or personal ideologies have nothing to do with how well someone races. You can have bad ideas and be a great racer or you can be an unintelligent racer and have great ideas in other areas of life.
Mind that assesing, if someone's personal ideologies, or everyday life choices/ideas are good or bad is very very subjective, so generally this whole discussion is totally pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jspear

TRENDING THREADS