• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 219 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, me too.

Maybe he can fluke himself to a bunch sprint win but I fear we will never get a show from him again.
according to his words, he was feeling pain from the fall before the first pave, probably hit a nerve or something, as their gap was quite big already, he decided to reserve some power for later stages. He was actually doing better than expected yesterday. One his best climbing for quite some time now. Basically, from the usual suspect we match Sagan against, only Mathews stayed in the front group for the finale. So that's not that bad.

Obviously, nowadays, there are other riders to put on a show, but with untempered training, he will be able to challenge them, he'll just have to pick his battles carefully, like he did in TdS. It probably won't be those everyday sagan action anymore.

according to his words, he was feeling pain from the fall before the first pave, probably hit a nerve or something, as their gap was quite big already, he decided to reserve some power for later stages. He was actually doing better than expected yesterday. One his best climbing for quite some time now. Basically, from the usual suspect we match Sagan against, only Mathews stayed in the front group for the finale. So that's not that bad.

Obviously, nowadays, there are other riders to put on a show, but with untempered training, he will be able to challenge them, he'll just have to pick his battles carefully, like he did in TdS. It probably won't be those everyday sagan action anymore.

He was dropped earlier than Philipsen yesterday. I won't build a hype based on that performance. But yes, it was better than in the spring.

Felt like a disappointing tour albeit there weren't many chances for him. But he was pretty invisible for much of the race. He doesn't have the ability to quicken with the best sprinters, which was clear in the Carcassonne finish, and he can't get over the hills like he used to. It's actually quite hard to see what sort of parcours would suit him these days.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He's definitely past his peak years, age wise. One would still hope he could have a few good races here and there with proper training, nutrition and rest.
Sad to say this, but he's wasted his best opportunities to win some more titles, some, from his mistakes, some from reasons he could not affect. For me, the biggest mistakes, his and his managers were, when they tried to make him a better climber, where actually after each episodes, he ended up a little bit lesser climber then before the experiments. And they tried it in cannondale, in tinkoff and in bora too.

Ont the other hand, I don't think, he's that old. He's past his peak for now, definitely, but it has nothing to do with age, imho. Not so long ago, he would be in perfect age for longer classics. It's just that, like he dominated in young age, currently there are other very young riders, who are maybe even on bigger level that he was at their age, it's just that simple. The young guns are out of the world currently.

TRENDING THREADS