• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phil Liggert claims Federal investigators paid people to lie about Armstrong

http://www.ballz.co.za/sport/ballz-...bout-lance-armstrong-being-stripped-of-ti/649

Appears Phil Liggert is claiming that US Federal Investigators offered to pay people to lie about Lance Armstrong.

These are very serious allegations from Phil. He suggests that a person (unnamed) in Boulder Colorodo was offered money and to "never need to work again" if he stated Armstrong used drugs.

Phil the voice of cycling might need to provide more details around these allegations. Including naming the person who made the claim to him.

He also suggests USADA paid their witnesses. Another claim that might need some evidence.

thehog said:
http://www.ballz.co.za/sport/ballz-...bout-lance-armstrong-being-stripped-of-ti/649

Appears Phil Liggert is claiming that US Federal Investigators offered to pay people to lie about Lance Armstrong.

These are very serious allegations from Phil. He suggests that a person (unnamed) in Boulder Colorodo was offered money and to "never need to work again" if he stated Armstrong used drugs.

Phil the voice of cycling might need to provide more details around these allegations. Including naming the person who made the claim to him.

He also suggests USADA paid their witnesses. Another claim that might need some evidence.

WTF? Seriously? So he's crossed the line from forgetful, old occasional-curmudgeon to whacked-out conspiracy theorist and future FOX News guest??

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Phil, Phil, Phil......

There is so much wrong with this. Also Phil says "why are they going after Lance when he's retired" then he says "who would you give the titles to?" referring to Ullrich, who if my memory serves me right, was also retrospectively banned after he retired. Why wasn't Phil sticking up for Ullrich?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha.... I am only a minute in, but this is Comedy Gold.

"We must always ask why USADA is doing this when, eh the Federal Drugs ah Council of the United States withdrew their $40 million investigation for lack of evidence".

Beware the 'Federal Drugs ah Council of the United States', they are listening.

hrotha said:
What he said is BS but I don't see why you think the feds might go after him now?

Not saying anyone will "go after him", but how willing and comfortable would YOU be, to be interviewed and publicly state that you believe federal investigators, from multiple agencies, were engaged in a criminal conspiracy?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Ok Phil, then you would probably welcome a FULL INVESTIGTION of such an allegation... Or, um, uh, YEAH.

Sod-off Phil!

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
This should surprise no one. This old fool has been complicit from the very beginning. He's a liar and a fraud, just like his hero, so this is just par for the course.

Rides on the Livestrong jet, lots of free meals and other occasional "benefits", and Phil is a friend for life. At the end of the day, these guys are just as responsible for the problems of doping than Lance Armstrong himself. Only with willing and complicit journalists could the fraud have continued for this long.

Dr. Maserati said:
Hahaha.... I am only a minute in, but this is Comedy Gold.

"We must always ask why USADA is doing this when, eh the Federal Drugs ah Council of the United States withdrew their $40 million investigation for lack of evidence".

Beware the 'Federal Drugs ah Council of the United States', they are listening.

"Phil there must be a massive defiemation suit coming from Armstrong if USADA press forward?"

"Errr yes, we'll, maybe, well Lance is tired of fighting"

"But this is huge if USADA goes through with this, Lance can sue them for defiemation for the lies and assassination of character?"

"Yes errr, of course, well Lance is tired of fighting"

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No, he should receive proper punishment...

Phil should be made to ride a circuit of the Champs-Élysées on a BMX bike repeating, "Paul is smarter than me, Paul is smarter than me, Paul is smarter than me, Paul is smarter than me,.....".... and his dress should be mauve.

rickshaw said:
Phil should be made to ride a circuit of the Champs-Élysées on a BMX bike repeating, "Paul is smarter than me, Paul is smarter than me, Paul is smarter than me, Paul is smarter than me,.....".... and his dress should be mauve.

The two of them together don't rank one chimpanzee.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS