• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phinneys change of opinion

A

Anonymous

Can someone explain this?

April 2010
wrj4lg.jpg

July 2010
20iid00.jpg

editedbymod

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Best 'tweet' I read today was from Fakebruyneel.

"Sad day for cycling, watching a cheat win while clean riders get dropped off the back. Very sad times."

Go Lance!!!!!!!

lancearmstrong Say what you want about Vino but the guy has some serious guts. When he puts his numbers on he races. Period.
about 1 hour ago

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
editedbymod said:
Go Lance!!!!!!!

lancearmstrong Say what you want about Vino but the guy has some serious guts. When he puts his numbers on he races. Period.
about 1 hour ago

How long till the controls come back?

Maybe he banked a lot of blood after LBL?:rolleyes:

buckwheat said:
How long till the controls come back?

Maybe he banked a lot of blood after LBL?:rolleyes:

It's pretty outrageous.

Anyone see his post-win interview on ITV4's highlights?

Mumbling, evasive, and basically slimy and unrepentant.

Feck off out of it, you soviet era drug mutant.

A

Anonymous

well a taylor phinney thread turned into a lance and vino thread pretty quickly.

I was more wondering about phinneys change of heart. three months ago he was slating dopers and sticking up for lance for never having failed a test, suddenly he is praising vino.

What has changed?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Maybe Taylor's view has changed cos in a few weeks, he'll be riding against Vino/Astana riders in say the Tour of Poland etc and they may chase if he was part of a breakaway.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
well a taylor phinney thread turned into a lance and vino thread pretty quickly.

I was more wondering about phinneys change of heart. three months ago he was slating dopers and sticking up for lance for never having failed a test, suddenly he is praising vino.

What has changed?

Maybe the guy can't make up his mind. Or maybe he felt the heat for yapping in April. Or maybe he realized he was trashing a fellow rider without proof that he was doping. Or maybe he realized he was trashing a rider who did or does the same thing as the riders on his parent team. I choose the latter option.

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel like its the first situation that Pedalin Squares said. He probably got flaked for slandering another rider. As far as Radioshack not being around in 2011 I think they will just move riders up from the U23 team. A sort of feed em to the wolves if you will.

A

Anonymous

Whats more interesting, is a lot of the livestrong band wearers on twitter who were agreeing with taylor phinney in april are now agreeing with lance and his praise of vino today.

Do the livestrong brigade just agree with whatever comes out of lances mouth?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
It's pretty outrageous.

I know where you're coming from. There is of course a strong chance that Vino hasn't changed tack at all. Which would hardly make him unique in the peloton. I understand why Vino gets heat when he returns as an older but essentially equal version of his doped self. And I understand why Ivan Basso is welcomed back - his profile is apparently consistent with non-charged values. But it strikes me as odd that Vino is considered unrepentant for saying nothing about doping, when the lovable Basso told us outrageous lies about his mere intent to dope. I'd prefer the rider mumbled something evasive than lied to us. When Vino wins you often hear comments about his nationality and personality. When other former dopers win they don't get this abuse. Eliminate that bias and they all look pretty similar.

A

Anonymous

TeamSkyFans said:

What has changed?

I don't know? Maybe he realizes that he is no longer in AAA, and that when you move to the big league, you might not want to have everyone looking at you like you are a self righteous little pr!ck. I am guessing that he wants to now fit in.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
It's pretty outrageous.

I have seen him give interviews in at least three languages today, just because his english isn't that strong and has an accent? Also I don't blame him for not wanting to talk about 2007.

I don't see Ned Boulting asking Armstrong any difficult questions

A

Anonymous

Big GMaC said:
I have seen him give interviews in at least three languages today, just because his english isn't that strong and has an accent? Also I don't blame him for not wanting to talk about 2007.

I don't see Ned Boulting asking Armstrong any difficult questions

it was interesting the itv bias against vino but they do a real good job of skirting around the armstrong issues.

I didnt understand a word of the interview, he spoke so quietly. But i dont think we should judge people on inteviews when they are not speaking their first language.

TRENDING THREADS