• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Photos on CyclingNews

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Why is the quality of the photos displayed on this website SO BAD.. I understand the need to have the website load with some reasonable speed, but the photos have been "dumbed down" to the point where they look like they are taken by amateurs.

I look at a lot of other sites and photos taken at the same races are higher quality, often photos taken by the same photographer...

Explanation please......

A

Anonymous

lost me, what does dumbed down mean..

they have all been optimised for the net, most are around 50kb each which is a perfect balance of quality v speed.

if you want high quality photos go to a photo site? Its a news site, photos are just there to compliment the articles.

(even if the captions are sometimes amusing)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
lost me, what does dumbed down mean..

they have all been optimised for the net, most are around 50kb each which is a perfect balance of quality v speed.

if you want high quality photos go to a photo site? Its a news site, photos are just there to compliment the articles.

(even if the captions are sometimes amusing)

bit generous, articles? implies a level of journalism.....:D