• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Post your best times

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I am trying to collect personal times to compare one track to another.
What are the records at your velodrome?
What is your personal best?
If you have ridden more than one velodrome, post both.
(example: 4K time on 250 track indoor at LA, 4K time on 333 outdoor altitude in Colorado, and 4K time on 333 outdoor at Trexlertown, PA. Then, I can help others to gauge what their times may be if they travel to LA or Colorado.)

I am very curious about times on 500 tracks and small indoor tracks at 134.

Thanks.
Timothy Shame

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
(Track) : (kilo)///(200m)

ADT: 1:07///11.2
T-town: 1:06///10.9
DLV: (n/a)/// 11.0
BPV: 1:08/// 11.2
7-11: 1:05.3/// 10.8
Aguascalientes: 1:04.4///10.8

the ones i can think of off the top of my head

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I have basically only ridden on 4 current velodromes in the US
Encino which is my home 11.2 for 200
I can't remember specifically but at Major Taylor in Indy i was maybe 11.4
at Kenosha & San Diego I couldn't even break 12
those have so little banking it felt like if i wound it up i would go flying off the track :eek:

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
times

I guess I'll have to look for a velodrome in the Philly Pa. area. I've never ridden one and would love to give it a try. When I do my local 12 miler I try to set time goals but there's traffic, pedestrians in the park loop and so the time never seems to improve. One ride gives me an old cesna landing strip that is great for a straight run sprint. Anyone know of any tracks in Philly area?
cooltech:cool: