• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

PostNord Danmark Rundt - Tour of Denmark (2.HC DEN) - SE

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
Mads Pedersen is really showing his versatility in this race, damn he is better than I expected. Denmark have some great all-rounders like him and Søren Kragh at the moment. Weird that Valgren didn't attack today, always come across as a weird character to me in interviews and such (not that it has anything to do with him not trying).

It was too easy. I was standing on the climb and the whole peloton was just rolling up it. On the last lap, Kamp tried an attack but there was no chance of getting away. Valgren probably realised that - especially considering his weak team - and went for the miracle in the sprint, which didn't happen.

And how did you not see Pedersen becoming a great rider? Is it some sort of prejudice against Danish talents that no matter what they show at the youth level, they will probably not be good as seniors? It's not entirely un-understandable if that is the case, because we have seen great talents emerge to nothing for several years now. But, objectively speaking, he is one of the very biggest talents in the world.
Prejudice? Nah, I just didn't know Mads Pedersen had it in him to sprint like he did either. He was as fast as a pure sprinter like Max Walscheid and he dominated the Vejle stage which I also thought was a tad too hard for him. Either way he showed to me he is super versatile, I thought he would be a great TT'er and domestique.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
Mads Pedersen is really showing his versatility in this race, damn he is better than I expected. Denmark have some great all-rounders like him and Søren Kragh at the moment. Weird that Valgren didn't attack today, always come across as a weird character to me in interviews and such (not that it has anything to do with him not trying).

It was too easy. I was standing on the climb and the whole peloton was just rolling up it. On the last lap, Kamp tried an attack but there was no chance of getting away. Valgren probably realised that - especially considering his weak team - and went for the miracle in the sprint, which didn't happen.

And how did you not see Pedersen becoming a great rider? Is it some sort of prejudice against Danish talents that no matter what they show at the youth level, they will probably not be good as seniors? It's not entirely un-understandable if that is the case, because we have seen great talents emerge to nothing for several years now. But, objectively speaking, he is one of the very biggest talents in the world.
Prejudice? Nah, I just didn't know Mads Pedersen had it in him to sprint like he did either. He was as fast as a pure sprinter like Max Walscheid and he dominated the Vejle stage which I also thought was a tad too hard for him. Either way he showed to me he is super versatile, I thought he would be a great TT'er and domestique.

When one can win a stage in the Tour of Norway at the age of 20 as impressively as he did last year, surely you cannot just have expected him to end up as a domestique...

That said, I was a little surprised about his speed yesterday as well.

Tbh, I didn't even know he won a stage in Norway. At least I had forgotten. :p But his Giro and the two stage races he has won this year is great signs. I don't think he will do too much in a 270 km race tho, but who knows. He should at least have a semi-free role, we only need 2 pure domestiques for this race.

Valv.Piti said:
Tbh, I didn't even know he won a stage in Norway. At least I had forgotten. :p But his Giro and the two stage races he has won this year is great signs. I don't think he will do too much in a 270 km race tho, but who knows. He should at least have a semi-free role, we only need 2 pure domestiques for this race.

Yeah, he and Kragh should definitely not be made to slave too much for Cort and Valgren. But I fear that it will be all for Cort and Valgren, and especially the former does not seem to have it in him to deliver anything next Sunday. Plus he is simply not fast enough against Sagan and co. Kragh and Pedersen have been looking extremely steong the last couple of weeks, and I hope that Anders Lund realises this, too.