• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

PostNord Danmark Rundt - Tour of Denmark (2.HC DEN) - SE

Starting now
PostNord Danmark Rundt - Tour of Denmark (2.HC DEN) - SEP-12-16

DG7uQnmXUAAFCep.png

Startlist
http://live.postnorddanmarkrundt.dk/event/4870/participants#mainBody
includes
Nacer BOUHANNI
Pieter WEENING
Boy VAN POPPEL

Can't find any maps/profiles.

Live here http://www.dr.dk/live/nyheder/sporten/Post-nord-dk-rundt-2017-live

pulZus.jpg

Trek have a very, very strong team with Degenkolb, Stuyven, Brändle and captain Pedersen but unfortunately, the rest of the field looks rather bleak. Valgren and Breschel do not have a similarly strong team, that's for certain. So Pedersen will probably win, considering the TT.

Tomorrow will be undulating but with a flat run-in to Odense. The weather conditions are set to be terrible, though, with a strong gale and heavy rain over the island of Funen, so it could be very spectacular.

Thursday is the traditional queen stage with the finish in Vejle with the 21% steep Kiddesvej, which they will tackle four times. That stage is undulating throughout and by far the hardest of the race, parcours-wise.

Friday is a flat TT, and it will finish with a harder-than-normal stage on Saturday, because the direction has been flipped. This means that instead of the normal finish in Copenhagen, it will be Aarhus that receives the riders for the finale, and we have a harder terrain over here.

I forgot to add the :p to my post.
I also posted before the tree. I definitely understand the decision, I'm north of where they are - with the weather being slightly better here - and I was seriously considering if I should consider taking the bus home from work (just about 10 K).
Can't figure out whether it's still neutralized. Only watching half, and has it on mute while I'm waiting for the finale of Agostoni. (and Wallonie after that.)

Stage cancelled. Maybe tomorrow we can have a stage that goes completely according to plan...

Honestly, I think the cancellation was a good call. In a bigger race maybe they should have continued, but for a race like this - which, honestly, isn't that big - there just isn't any point in continuing. Especially considering that several of the participating riders have the World Championships as a big goal coming up.

Re:

Scarponi said:
How did Basso win so many stages back in the day ?
Do you remember when he won Criterium International? It was a bit like that. Basso had superpowers combined with the lack of a strong field. In addition, the first few stages were raced hard and selectively in rainy (I think) conditions. The queen stage with the hilly finale in Vejle as well as the ITT was also to Basso's advantage. So when you think about it, it was actually not that strange that Basso won 4 out of 6 stages that year :)

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Scarponi said:
How did Basso win so many stages back in the day ?
Do you remember when he won Criterium International? It was a bit like that. Basso had superpowers combined with the lack of a strong field. In addition, the first few stages were raced hard and selectively in rainy (I think) conditions. The queen stage with the hilly finale in Vejle as well as the ITT was also to Basso's advantage. So when you think about it, it was actually not that strange that Basso won 4 out of 6 stages that year :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCAd5aRvqHA

Here's a good summary about that race, but you have to admit that the first two stages and CSC destroying the TT was even more hilarious. But, it's true that the field was pretty weak and Greipel didn't have the manpower to chase Basso in first two stages.

Yeah, that youtuber has thrown lots of golden video on YT with danish commentary. My favourites are from 2007. He basically won a few semi hillyish stage, destroyed the queen stage and the ITT. I didn't get to watch that Giro, I only followed the Tour back the more or less, and he didn't really went Robo before 2006. What a shame.

Apparently, the riders couldn't agree today.

The french teams wanted to quit, because of the rain and wind.... the danish ones wanted to continue racing.

So, when some riders didn't want to go on, they all stopped.

What a bunch of crybabies..... the only thing that makes the tour of Denmark interesting IS the wind ffs.