• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

PostNord Danmark Rundt - Tour of Denmark (2.HC DEN) - SE

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Story so far
auXf76.gif
 
Aug 13, 2016
256
0
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

THat i did know.. But Denmark is good in U23 Nations, and u leave out a good sprint finisher that can do the distance .. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, Norway gonna win U23 as always.. :D
 
Re:

WheelofGear said:
To the danes in here: Why is the Vejle area so hilly when the rest of Denmark is basically flat?

It's the same thing here in the Nederlands. The Limburg region is very hilly but the rest of the country is very flat.

In the Netherlands, most of the landscape is very flat, with the exception of the Limburg region which is situated close to the Ardennes and basically is part of the Ardennes. In Denmark, certain parts of the country are flat, but in general the terrain is undulated, more than the Dutch. The "Limburg" of Denmark would be the island of Bornholm (south of Sweden) which is founded on rocks - no other part of Denmark is that, unless you count the Faroe Islands and Greenland as Denmark.

The Jutland peninsula is a rather big peninsula and much bigger than the islands that Denmark consists of. So the glaciers of the ice age basically brought more dirt to the Western part of the country than the Eastern. And when the ice melted, the result was bigger hills in places like Vejle than in the Copenhagen region, for example. Bornholm, however, is once again the exception as the highest point of Bornholm is only a few meters lower than the highest point of Jutland, and so many of the climbs on Bornholm can match those of Vejle.

Having said that, the Northwestern part of the island of Zeeland is very hilly, too. The Tour of Denmark moved through that region on stage 1 and encountered a climb, Granbakken, with a maximum grade of 19% - which is exactly as steep as the more famous Kiddesvej in Vejle.
 
Mine? I'm just curious why Monte would ask this question on an internet forum. Far as I know Anders Lund isn't a member, he's really the only one who knows...

Back to the actual race in question:
While most of the focus was on Breschel after the crash on the stage to Vejle, it turns out that Louis Bendixen - the guy who crashed first - came pretty close to losing his arm.
 
Sep 20, 2011
1,651
0
0
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Mine? I'm just curious why Monte would ask this question on an internet forum. Far as I know Anders Lund isn't a member, he's really the only one who knows...

Back to the actual race in question:
While most of the focus was on Breschel after the crash on the stage to Vejle, it turns out that Louis Bendixen - the guy who crashed first - came pretty close to losing his arm.

Seriously, stop being so annoying. It's getting pretty ridiculous by now. It's pretty normal to ask someone from Denmark if they know why a certain rider from that same country isn't selected. Sometimes there is information about Dutch cycling in the Dutch media that, for a Norwegian for example, would be a little harder to find.

Stop your games of semantics and other tedious anf utterly useless ways of trying to be a smartass.
 
That still doesn't explain why Monte specifically asked me . I think I've made it pretty clear that I don't know anything.

So... quick recap of the race:
Stage 1: Breakaway riders got lost (big time).
Stage 2: Cancelled.
Stage 3: Break got lost (a little bit).
Stage 4: Stolen bikes.
Stage 5: Inflated arc collapsed.

I think the moral of the story must be don't run a race in the opposite direction of the usual!
 
Re:

RedheadDane said:
That still doesn't explain why Monte specifically asked me . I think I've made it pretty clear that I don't know anything.

So... quick recap of the race:
Stage 1: Breakaway riders got lost (big time).
Stage 2: Cancelled.
Stage 3: Break got lost (a little bit).
Stage 4: Stolen bikes.
Stage 5: Inflated arc collapsed.

I think the moral of the story must be don't run a race in the opposite direction of the usual!

Nice perspective redhead.
 
Mads Pedersen is really showing his versatility in this race, damn he is better than I expected. Denmark have some great all-rounders like him and Søren Kragh at the moment. Weird that Valgren didn't attack today, always come across as a weird character to me in interviews and such (not that it has anything to do with him not trying).
 
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Mads Pedersen is really showing his versatility in this race, damn he is better than I expected. Denmark have some great all-rounders like him and Søren Kragh at the moment. Weird that Valgren didn't attack today, always come across as a weird character to me in interviews and such (not that it has anything to do with him not trying).

It was too easy. I was standing on the climb and the whole peloton was just rolling up it. On the last lap, Kamp tried an attack but there was no chance of getting away. Valgren probably realised that - especially considering his weak team - and went for the miracle in the sprint, which didn't happen.

And how did you not see Pedersen becoming a great rider? Is it some sort of prejudice against Danish talents that no matter what they show at the youth level, they will probably not be good as seniors? It's not entirely un-understandable if that is the case, because we have seen great talents emerge to nothing for several years now. But, objectively speaking, he is one of the very biggest talents in the world.
 
Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Aren't there any castles and things in Denmark? - to see along the way.
Watching 175 kms or so of TV
with the only action the formation and catching of a break
might do with a bit of additional accompaniment.
Aren't the Danish tourist people bothered?

I agree - too much: breakaway CUT peloton CUT breakaway CUT peloton. They did have some very nice coast shots from the helicopter on stage 1. There were seven castles along the route on stage 2, but that stage was destroyed by bad weather, as we saw.
 
Re:

tobydawq said:
Didn't they show pictures of the Bay of Aarhus or the Marselisborg Castle/Forest today? I saw the helicopter hovering around out there before the race came to the city and assumed that they were filming the nice scenery.

We saw the royal castle of Marselisborg, and the museums of Moesgård and Aros, yes. Before that, Kalø Slot was shown, but I didn't see if the helicopter was out there (that would have been spectacular), or if the ruins only appeared in the background.