• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Power Data Estimates for the climbing stages

Page 145 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yates certainly did less than 409 watts, because he is less heavier than yates. What matters is the watts per kilo, not the watts. So, if caruso did 409 and his weight is 67, 409÷67=6.1 w/kg.
Yates probably did less than 400 watts on this climb but that's because he weights just 60 kg.
Apparently someone did the same math as I did:

View: https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1398321021455851526

wtf? After almost 3 weeks, grueling days and he does this?

On climbing records they said thay yates climbed alpe di mera in 28min and 55 seconds, 9.1 km at 9.7%, at 6.5 w/kg. I don't think it was so much, certainly it was 6.3/6.4 w/kg for yates.
Yeah, that sounds a bit more "reasonable" and in line with the performance of the other riders.
Clearly a high level performance, but it has to be said that the gc riders took it really easy yesterday and had nice weather and a rather easy route before the final climb.

Yeah, that sounds a bit more "reasonable" and in line with the performance of the other riders.
Clearly a high level performance, but it has to be said that the gc riders took it really easy yesterday and had nice weather and a rather easy route before the final climb.
Don't think moderate ease or completely easy matters that much. They did do an average of 40kph on a mountain stage today, and Nieve was pacing the penultimate climb.

Yates also did most of the pacing on his own, and his estimated W/kg should be higher since he's ~58kg.

Don't think moderate ease or completely easy matters that much. They did do an average of 40kph on a mountain stage today, and Nieve was pacing the penultimate climb.

Yates also did most of the pacing on his own, and his estimated W/kg should be higher since he's ~58kg.
You're probaby right about moderate ease vs easy, the weather (low temperatures and rain) has probably a bigger effect.

Apparently someone did the same math as I did:

View: https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1398321021455851526

wtf? After almost 3 weeks, grueling days and he does this?
Unbelievable numbers.

So, between 6.4 and 6.5 it seems. And by the time they arrived at the penultimate climb they were almost 10m ahead of the best foreseen time.

In other news, there's a shortage of terbutaline in that part of Italy.
If i'm right, the best performances last year and this year was pogi 6.5 w/kg on peyresourde in 25 mine30 s, pogi on prati di tivio 6.3 w/kg in a effort of 36 min, and hindley on piancavallo in a effort of 6.3 w/kg in 37 min. So this performance of today, is very good comparing with that performances.

Reactions: PhiLiz
Unbelievable numbers.
If i'm right, the best performances last year and this year was pogi 6.5 w/kg on peyresourde in 25 mine30 s, pogi on prati di tivio 6.3 w/kg in a effort of 36 min, and hindley on piancavallo in a effort of 6.3 w/kg in 37 min. So this performance of today, is very good comparing with that performances.
Wasn't Pogacar on Prato di Tivo and Peyresourde calculated a bit higher than that? More like ~6.6? Note that Yates was the only one close to Pogacar on Prato di Tivo.

TRENDING THREADS