• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction Game 2022 Women's Edition (De Amy Pieters Trofee)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So my stage huntress is definitely Wiebes. I may need to steal some ideas for GC. Anyone?

I thought this was just another stay in the south east tour but the route goes through some of my favourite areas to ride in: forest of dean, brecon beacons, mid wales. Unfortunately I’m busy at work all week so I can’t go support it in person

Reactions: Wyndbrook
So my stage huntress is definitely Wiebes. I may need to steal some ideas for GC. Anyone?

I thought this was just another stay in the south east tour but the route goes through some of my favourite areas to ride in: forest of dean, brecon beacons, mid wales. Unfortunately I’m busy at work all week so I can’t go support it in person
I've booked Wednesday off, local to me and easy route to see several times.

It's a pretty savage indictment of the course that literally everybody is going for the same stage huntress.

And I'm going to do the same because I'd love to be creative and gamble (was tempted by Manly after Thüringen) but just looking at the course there's just so many chances with Wiebes.

At least there's the scope to guess a bit with the GC but in the end I just kinda can't see beyond 2/3 of Moolman, ELB and Niewiadoma, simply because they have strong teams and the most experience of dealing at the front end in a flatter style stage race before we get to the only stage likely to be of much GC relevance (other than the inevitable crashes, which there tend to be at the Women's Tour), and many other teams simply aren't bothering to bring their climbers. Did think about Ewers and Brown, but in the end it's hard not just to play safe and say ELB and Kasia.

In retrospect it might have been a mistake that I didn't set a limit for the amount of points on offer for stage huntresses, but I probably didn't expect it would be realistic for anyone to win 5 stages in the same race without being in contention for the overall win as well.

TRENDING THREADS