• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Presidential) Cycling Tour of Turkey [April 11th-April18th 2021]

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I honestly don't know what Hodeg's role is in the team anymore, or what exactly is the problem. He was part of the lead-out today... but that whole lead-out was very disorganized and he just left at some point... seemingly not at his limit. Didn't he want to go further? Did he not want to get into the way and feared he would? Was it just were he was supposed to drop? Is he afraid of sprints at this point? I haven't seen him seriously contesting one in recent times, anyway, and part of it then looked like he just didn't have the strength, but today was even weirder than before, like it's something in his head. No strength to be the top sprinter and no clear other role in the team? Álvaro :coldsweat:

Great to see Cav get the win and did it in nice style. I thought he could have gone closer at Scheldepris but it looked like he didn't want to get in Bennett's way.

Back at DQS has turned him round. Ref BlueRoads post about Hodeg above, that was Cav last year at Bahrain. Total loss of confidence and will to compete.

Hope he gets a few more wins, and maybe a chance in the Vuelta.

Great to see Cav get the win and did it in nice style. I thought he could have gone closer at Scheldepris but it looked like he didn't want to get in Bennett's way.

Back at DQS has turned him round. Ref BlueRoads post about Hodeg above, that was Cav last year at Bahrain. Total loss of confidence and will to compete.

Hope he gets a few more wins, and maybe a chance in the Vuelta.
Nah he's going to the Tour and pulling a Petacchi to stun everyone 2016 style.

Lefevere again showing that he’s the smartest guy running a team: he got Cavendish for practically nothing, which means nice publicity at zero risk and a chance of huge publicity if it goes right. Now it’s going right and DQS get a thousand times the publicity they’d get from winning stages in Turkey normally. Lots of people hate Lefevere, but nobody doubts his cunning.

He was saying yesterday that they’d promised Hodeg the Giro, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cavendish taking that role. Losing with Hodeg is much less valuable than losing with a resurgent Cav, coming off the back of a bunch of small wins. Winning with Cavendish there would be a publicity jackpot.

TRENDING THREADS