• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Primož Roglič

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, it sure looks like a motor. I challenge anyone to send me a video of a normal bike that looks like this. I have never seen a bike behave like this. It looks so unnatural. Very strange.
It looks like a typical freehub dragging issue to me. Many reasons from simply a bit of plastic thrown in between sprocket and spoke, bearing/seal failure or the mechanic forgot to lockdown the adjuster and it's binding as it's self-adjusted with the rotation forces.

• Sad
Reactions: veganrob
Roglic is, like most of his competitors, for sure dodgy and its not inconceivable that he used a motor at certain points in the past (though unlikely). But the people accusing him based on this utter nonsense from amstel are total idiots and so are the people sharing the cut clip.
This is the clinic and we are entitled to do whatever we want to do. Be respectful. I don't disrespect anybody and expect the same respect back from everyone. If you don't like it you are are welcome to get out of this forum. In order to live in a civilized society is for everyone to behave like civilized people. Especially in this forum.

Having said that, I don't believe there was a motor either. But if someone publish it I would want at least to see it. Let me see it from my own eyes. Coming from Colombia I appreciate freedom of speech so that everyone have access and the right for the information from our own eyes. Back in the days everyone was so upset when they started showing videos from Cancellara and Ryder Hesjedal. Now ,I believe, people think different about those videos. After those times UCI had to make adjustments to the rules and procedures on how to check for motor doping. So there was an impact from it. It wasn't just simply nonsense. Another example are the times when a lot of clinicians were going after Armstrong for doping. And any others for that matter. And all of them were called idiots back then. Well media can be powerful some times. So, don't try to suppress it.

Thanks,

This is the clinic and we are entitled to do whatever we want to do. Be respectful. I don't disrespect anybody and expect the same respect back from everyone. If you don't like it you are are welcome to get out of this forum. In order to live in a civilized society is for everyone to behave like civilized people. Especially in this forum.

Having said that, I don't believe there was a motor either. But if someone publish it I would want at least to see it. Let me see it from my own eyes. Coming from Colombia I appreciate freedom of speech so that everyone have access and the right for the information from our own eyes. Back in the days everyone was so upset when they started showing videos from Cancellara and Ryder Hesjedal. Now ,I believe, people think different about those videos. After those times UCI had to make adjustments to the rules and procedures on how to check for motor doping. So there was an impact from it. It wasn't just simply nonsense. Another example are the times when a lot of clinicians were going after Armstrong for doping. And any others for that matter. And all of them were called idiots back then. Well media can be powerful some times. So, don't try to suppress it.

Thanks,

We can share those clips, but what's the point really? In my eyes this whole motor-doping thing deviates from the things that are really dodgy and thereby doesn't do much good to the anti-doping topic.

As I see it Vayer made a bad joke - he posted both videos (the whole one and the "cut" one).
But only the "cut" one made viral.
And there are always people who believe everything - even on the internet. Or just enjoy the scandal.
And other people trying to explain (even get angry).
But it's life, it's clikcbate,....

We can share those clips, but what's the point really? In my eyes this whole motor-doping thing deviates from the things that are really dodgy and thereby doesn't do much good to the anti-doping topic.
I want to at least see it. IMHO. I don't have a problem, even if it is not true.
Again, how many people were called idiots with other videos that ended up causing some changes and more controversy.

Well, you can share it if I haven't seen it. This is the clinic after all.

Hey man didn't express myself very well I don't think that the clip shouldn't be shared. I meant that the clip where you don't see roglic turn the pedals himself, making a motor seem more obvious, shouldn't be shared instead of the full clip.

Maybe I shouldn't have called people idiots didn't mean any kind of controversy. I actually quite enjoy the juicy motor allegations on the other hand. Have a good one.

Reactions: MTV and Escarabajo
Hey man didn't express myself very well I don't think that the clip shouldn't be shared. I meant that the clip where you don't see roglic turn the pedals himself, making a motor seem more obvious, shouldn't be shared instead of the full clip.

Maybe I shouldn't have called people idiots didn't mean any kind of controversy. I actually quite enjoy the juicy motor allegations on the other hand. Have a good one.
No problem man! I like happy endings. :)

Reactions: MTV and Ilmaestro99
Well, it sure looks like a motor. I challenge anyone to send me a video of a normal bike that looks like this. I have never seen a bike behave like this. It looks so unnatural. Very strange.
If I'm not mistaken Van Aert did the same before a training ride or race in the JV documentary of the Tour last year. If it was a motor they certainly wouldn't have included that clip in the documentary.

Looked a bit more human today.

What do we make of him not racing again until the Tour?

He looked this way on the Angliru in the Vuelta last year (& in the final mountain stage at the Alto de Covatilla as well). It's about the Primoz Roglic high level (Paris-Nice, Itzulia) & his base level (Liège).

Anyone who has followed him closely for many years knows these performances come & go, with today's "human performance" often arriving after a period of hard racing. Sundays are typically sh*t for Roglic, i.e. like the aforementioned Angliru which occurred before the rest day in the Vuelta, but also the Grand Colombier stage in the Tour de France last year was also not so great (likewise Formigal on the first Sunday of the Vuelta wasn't so great either).

The two month break makes sense based on his characteristics, i.e. to keep his engine going for the entire 3 weeks. The Tour this year also features a lot of shorter stages (good for Roglic) so without accident or bad luck, he should be equal favorite for yellow in Paris with Pogacar.

Looked a bit more human today.

What do we make of him not racing again until the Tour?

When it comes to not racing pre Tour, it reminds me of how David Millar said when he doped to target a race he would avoid racing to dope freely and train hard and avoid the controls. Whereas when he was riding clean he needed a lot of build up race days to refine the form.

Of course there could be something more innocent to this, roglic often is flying before his grand tours (romandie 2019, l'ain/dauphine 2020, liege 2020) and then fades.

But he's always disappearing for months and then coming to a race flying.

When it comes to not racing pre Tour, it reminds me of how David Millar said when he doped to target a race he would avoid racing to dope freely and train hard and avoid the controls. Whereas when he was riding clean he needed a lot of build up race days to refine the form.

Of course there could be something more innocent to this, roglic often is flying before his grand tours (romandie 2019, l'ain/dauphine 2020, liege 2020) and then fades.

But he's always disappearing for months and then coming to a race flying.

David Millar knows diddly-squat.

Lance Armstrong was juicing like crazy in the same era & he used to do the preparation races (Tour of Switzerland but mostly the Dauphiné). IMO races are simply much harder now & there's really no such thing as a "preparation race", i.e. every race is full gas because there's always a team & rider in there who needs the result. Just look at the intensity of most races these days, it's crazy, i.e. going to the Dauphiné & fighting a week long battle in the mountains like it's already the Tour de France is probably too draining for some riders.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: MTV
Wouldn't be possible to have fitted a motor inside Roglic's OEM rear hub as there's simply not the free space to fit it and maintain structural integrity and strength too, otherwise hubs would be much lighter already! Also the FLIR camera clearly shows the hub having an ambient temperature expected just as we expect the car to be ambient temperature also.
EblvQ-2X0AAskt8

Reactions: Cookster15
Roglic might well be doping but even YouTuber Durianrider's comments are interesting. Durianrider who thinks anyone who can outclimb him on Norton Summit must dope or because of what pros might tell him over a beer says the Roglic video isn't evidence of motors.
Pros tell him ***. He's just an attention seeking clown. What he says should have no relevance, one way or the other.

Roglic might well be doping but even YouTuber Durianrider's comments are interesting. Durianrider who thinks anyone who can outclimb him on Norton Summit must dope or because of what pros might tell him over a beer says the Roglic video isn't evidence of motors.
That's funny! D-R is a wackjob, isn't he? He is a serious loone.

This said, the video is indeed not evidence of a motor :)

• Haha
Reactions: Cookster15

TRENDING THREADS