• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
BigMac said:
What about the rider ratings? Anything realistic? Because I quit PCM 2014 after 10 minutes, when I saw Betancur had the same average as Valverde.
That's all sorts of silly. Even ignoring the many custom DBs available, you can edit those values yourself.

I mean my first reaction was closing the game. I obviously got it straighten out, but thanks for the tip.

Re:

BigMac said:
What about the rider ratings? Anything realistic? Because I quit PCM 2014 after 10 minutes, when I saw Betancur had the same average as Valverde.
Lol, who uses the official db? why quit because of that? just use a custom db

Ruudz0r said:
Whats the be a pro mode? You being a young rider who has to work himself up? Or you can just chose any pro and ride with that rider?
no you have to create a new rider

Are editors like Full Editor or Lachi's still around or the official editors good enough these days? Is the database construction still the same as five years ago (last time I played)? Reading DT's comment, I think it's time to give this game another go after so long.

Re:

gunara said:
Are editors like Full Editor or Lachi's still around or the official editors good enough these days? Is the database construction still the same as five years ago (last time I played)? Reading DT's comment, I think it's time to give this game another go after so long.

I have last played 2011 and the database seems to be pretty much the same this year with only minor adjustments. Thus the editors from previous versions should still work without major problems.

togo95 said:
gunara said:

I have last played 2011 and the database seems to be pretty much the same this year with only minor adjustments. Thus the editors from previous versions should still work without major problems.

Thanks, mate, good to know.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I played the pro mode, it's fine but there are some easy improvements that should be made next year.

I also played team mode with tinkoff, riding the giro right now with berto. Facing astana with landa, nibali and aru :eek:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
nvm he's 82. I was gonna put it on extreme for the giro, but *** that. Difficult is enough.

Nibali isn't going all out though, thank god.

BigMac said:
Miburo said:
They do, landa is 80 on climbing

Thanks. I always wondered.

In PCM world, I always see Landa as a rider who will peak at low 80s on climbing, or at least 79, I remember he even won a Vuelta in an old save. Although maybe I confused the original db rating with some edited ones.
Meanwhile I remember an 82-83 material in real life has a mountain rating of 72 in PCM when he podiumed a real Vuelta for the first time :D

Re:

Miburo said:
Is there any way to change the parcours of GT's? Haven't played it in 4 years so.

Yes, it's very easy now, you just add the files to CM_Stages with the same name as normal GT stages and different suffix (variant name/year). They will automatically appear in the game as a variant.

togo95 said:
Miburo said:
Is there any way to change the parcours of GT's? Haven't played it in 4 years so.

Yes, it's very easy now, you just add the files to CM_Stages with the same name as normal GT stages and different suffix (variant name/year). They will automatically appear in the game as a variant.

How about wind speed/direction, departure & arrival cities etc.? Are such things controlled from stage editor? (assuming they have retired the .xml files for variant rules & description)

gunara said:
togo95 said:
Miburo said:

How about wind speed/direction, departure & arrival cities etc.? Are such things controlled from stage editor? (assuming they have retired the .xml files for variant rules & description)

All those things are set in the stage file indeed.

Quick question, I've started a new career with a custom team of young riders. I remember in an old game that once you got a season or two into the game any rider you signed would still be riding in their old teams Jersey and not the customs teams Jersey you own. Does this still happen or is it all ok?

TRENDING THREADS