• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
I used to like PCM, but there are a few things that I find silly about the game f/e;

When was the last time a team manager got sacked for not winning certain races/jerseys?

Also I dislike the fact that in the race it's you Vs the other teams, so the AI doesn't care if a rider from AG2R gets in a break wins the stage by 6 minutes and takes the jersey from another AI controlled team. Oh and another bugbear when teams send 1 rider to a race, always makes me laugh.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
yeah and you can win the giro, tour, vuelta, l-b-l, p-r but you can still get fired if you don't achieve your goals. I'm pretty sure no team would fire you after that kind of success.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah and you can win the giro, tour, vuelta, l-b-l, p-r but you can still get fired if you don't achieve your goals. I'm pretty sure no team would fire you after that kind of success.

That doesn't really happen on the latest version (at least not to me). I pretty much ignore the "goals section". If you rank high enough in the CQ rankings, you keep your job regardless.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

my goals this season are to win the tour, PR and LBL amongst other things...
just won MSR with O'Grady by accident - second in the train and somehow outsprinted the next two in the train...
it's a funny old game

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, guys, i just found after several scouting over the net, a DB with a romanian team, so now i will probably face my biggest challenge in the game, since we...well...have the poorest riders, (i guess all riders have 50 for every stat, and maybe the absloute leader will have an awesome 52 MO and 51 HIL) i'll get owned all season long. Now i downloading it, it's a big file, so i have enough time to set my goal...umm...probably to win 1 stage in a year or so. So, finally, i find something that will make me feel the taste of defeat...pretty much all game long, but the excitement of a jersey wear one day, or a stage win, becomes bigger. The training topic becomes out of date for me, cause i will not have money to send the riders in training camps more than a day. I wonder if also contains the Tour of Romania, that will be cool, and would be my biggest objective.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
on PCMdaily you can now download the 2010 db for Pcm 2009 :D it's awesome, teams actually race the biikes they race irl. Qst rides merckx with right decals for example

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
on PCMdaily you can now download the 2010 db for Pcm 2009 :D it's awesome, teams actually race the biikes they race irl. Qst rides merckx with right decals for example

Yes, that DB i was reffering at in my previous posts, but i was not sure if is ok to say the site. Anyway, since i found this one i said eariler, i'll play with this one, cause i will feel more involved and motivated, and i guess it will be lot more competitive, but i totally recommend the one you can all find at pcmdaily, it it the best i tried so far...and i've pretty much tried all DB released there, or the ones on spanish sites, dutch sites, a lot of researches, and install/uninstall to see what is the best.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
yeah pcm daily are good for databases. I have the 10' one to.

Archibald said:
my goals this season are to win the tour, PR and LBL amongst other things...
just won MSR with O'Grady by accident - second in the train and somehow outsprinted the next two in the train...
it's a funny old game

haha.
MSR is easy to win. Just launch your rider on the descent and it's in the bag. It's a bit of a joke.. I still try and attack on the climbs though, to make it more interesting :p

--- when does 10' come out anyway?

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
haha.
MSR is easy to win. Just launch your rider on the descent and it's in the bag. It's a bit of a joke.. I still try and attack on the climbs though, to make it more interesting :p

why does attacking on the descent mean it's in the bag?
I rarely attack, just counter-attack and overhaul them, or do a sprint train...

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I really want the new PCM, but I REALLY need to finish this thesis. (it''s always the same, the tour and the new PCM in the same month, while I still need to work my a$$ of)

If someone gets it can they post what they think about it and what the differences are to the last one?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i pre-ordered it and downloaded. Apparently it comes out in the next 24 hours (when they send us the activation code). If i get time, I shall give it a go and post my thoughts.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I can never get a lead out train sorted, how does one do this? My tactic is kamikaze attacks with 5km to go and then get the jump on the peloton and then use the sprint to hold them off. This does work.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I can never get a lead out train sorted, how does one do this? My tactic is kamikaze attacks with 5km to go and then get the jump on the peloton and then use the sprint to hold them off. This does work.

I used to do this, when the sprint button comes on(with 12km left if I remember correctly, haven't played it for ages) I'd get my best flat guy set him to relay 99%(or dot, but that depends if you think using the dot function is cheating or not) then my next best flat guy would use the follow function, do that so each guy follows the 1st rider then you get your sprinter to follow the leadout guy in the chain, then when each of your guys runs out of energy you select the next rider inline to pull then when you get to 3km you should be down to the leadout guy, get him to sprint and your main sprinter should be following then when the leadout is out of energy, sprint with your main guy and if luck is on your side you should pull off the stage win.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
am currently downloading the 2010 incarnation...taking forever...loved every other version...however the game doesn't tend to improve that much year to year...the 2005 version is probably still the pound-for-pound most enjoyable...Heras, Armstrong (as Neilstrung!), Ullrich, Kloden, Vinokourov, young Basso, Mancebo, Boogerd, Mayo, Rasmussen...the end of an era..

TRENDING THREADS