• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 25, 2010
twitter.com
What sort of graphics card would I need for the new shogun game?

The first PC i posted, would that be ok for PCM '11?

I'm not too bothered about the make, Every computer I've owned has broken on me! (they call me the touch of death at work :D )

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
so guys i dont get it i was watching a video on youtube of the tour de france 2011 game for ps3. it looked very cool as you control one single rider and can command the team. IMO i prefer it to the pcm manager style. is the game for PC like this or is it the same manager style because i would buy it pcm 11 for PC if its like the ps3 style.

I was annoyed o find out it wasn't avilable in Australia. Or at least I couldn't find it in the PSN store.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Izzy eviel said:

I'm not too bothered about the make, Every computer I've owned has broken on me! (they call me the touch of death at work :D )

The RAM is fine. The CPU should be enough as I tend to think modern games rely on the GPU card more then anything (what I mean is I think the CPU standard is pretty good atm).

I doubt the GMA X4500 (intergrated i think) would be great tho. Not sure on the miniment requirements but I have heard the game is some what demanding.

I would say it would struggle.

It isn't a bad priced system I guess, but if you have any experience you could build your own rig, and get a better system for that price providing you have access to the OS software. Or even go to a PC hardware store (not sure in England but we have PC stores which aren't so commercial here) and get them to build your rig for a similar price.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Izzy eviel said:

Don't buy from PC World. I take it you live in a city, find a local independent computer shop to custom make you a computer. Should be more afforadable as well.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I was annoyed o find out it wasn't avilable in Australia. Or at least I couldn't find it in the PSN store.

You mean this one ? :D

I've got it, purchased from the uk on ebay, took forever to send though.

forever being 1 week (and 10 days to ship)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah independant (that was the word I was looking for in my above post) pc stores or self made rigs are the best way to go.

@tuarts can't see the site at work, apparently it is an attack site :eek:
I assume hard copy? Didn't know it would be avivable outside the PSN store.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
To be honest I was just making assumption. I was under the impression the game was more short and arcade like then a full game. Not to mention that last year they had something similar on XBOX live.. Good news if it is avilable hard copy, will get on that tonight.

lol sbs..

@Izzy eviel
BTW shogun is very demanding, or so I have heard.
You would need a high end rig to play that on max graphics, but I doubt that rig couldn't even handle the standard.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It is a rather limited game, it's just solely the TDF stages and you only play 3-4 sections each stage. If you can help it, don't pay full price for the game, its really not a $80-90 game.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is! And it causes alot of falls in the descend of it, atleast thats what has happened to me often, it is a killer before the Zoncolan which usually isolates all the gc men if you do it correctly, besides your own with 1 domestique :).

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ruuuuuben! *turns on the oranje bat signal*

Playing '09 with PCMDaily '10 database and I'm getting ****loads of database line errors everytime I try and go into the db editor. Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I going to have to try a fresh install?

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, so whats the deal with all the bugs in PCM 2010? ive tried downloading the patches but the game still doesnt load my games and let me race anything in career mode! any advice?

and also, bring the PC version of PCM 2011 to NZ!! I want to do the grand tour triple with conty :p

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
lol i decided to simulate TA.
Slagter, Kruijswijk and Mollema = all get fractures.

lol if you have Gesink in your team too and he didnt fall then the game isnt very realistic..

in my game he won the giro twice and fell once, but i still had kreuziger in second so won anyway :p

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand how to attract sponsors in this game :p or isn't that the same as in 09? and 2nd, how come that with my selfmade team I'm -200.000 € after 1 month ? :p

EDIT; found it :p clearly my budget is 400.000 € a year, not a month :p

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Its nothing like 09.

You can't just get co-sponsors.
You have your sponsor (or sponsors) and after the sponsor contract is up you have to sign a new title sponsor (and you get a new shirt etc automatically with it!!) at the end of a season...

OMG sauce!!!!

i totally forgot about this game. i must download it now :p

D_T has PCMdaily already launched a better database?

is there any new skill points thingy this year? like in 2010 we got the prologue to add to the usual mountain, flat etc stuff. i would like to see bike handling skills and consistency added and maybe even base form level. as we know many riders perform much better then others on their base form.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Was bored, thought about creating a spectaculare and epic Custom Tour.
But then noticed that they are gone (PCM2010) :eek: :confused:

Or am I blind ?

Are they back in PCM2011 ?

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
is there any new skill points thingy this year? like in 2010 we got the prologue to add to the usual mountain, flat etc stuff. i would like to see bike handling skills and consistency added and maybe even base form level. as we know many riders perform much better then others on their base form.

No new stats :p.

Hopefully PCMDaily stats will come soon if they havent been released yet, because doing the Giro with Gesink si a ***** with 70 Stamina (uithouding :eek:).

TRENDING THREADS