• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha it feels like cheating so badly :p. Its somewhat unrealistic VDB2 has 79 climbing but better TTing and Gesink 81 climbing and 67 tt. Plus 62 downhill is such a biatch and having no one on Rabobank with extremely high downhill (78+ :p) to compensate for Gesink and lead him down the mountain is harsh too. :p

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Havetts said:
Haha it feels like cheating so badly :p. Its somewhat unrealistic VDB2 has 79 climbing but better TTing and Gesink 81 climbing and 67 tt. Plus 62 downhill is such a biatch and having no one on Rabobank with extremely high downhill (78+ :p) to compensate for Gesink and lead him down the mountain is harsh too.

I mean please, Baby Schleck has 70 TT :p Editing is obligatory if you want a bit of a normal game :p

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Vanendert in Pink :p

vanendert.png

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Looks like Van den Broeck is having trouble to follow Gesink. That's one forum discussion potentially settled.

edit: I also like how you can't tell whether the painting on the road says "Schleck" or "Schmuck."

yeah I went from the bottom of the second climb :p not a good idea:p just replayed the stage :p

Havetts said:
Everyone in A groups, oh dear Michiel!

Winning the Tour is the only thing I care about! :p

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I started playing properly with a custom team

I dunno if it was the PCM update but i had 2/3rds of my budget after picking my team.

Went with a few dutchiees dutchies (kelderman, slagter, poels, bol, posthuma, the kreders, dekker, van poppel) as well as a couple Portuguese (costa, pinto, machado) a couple s/americans (rujano, atapuma, jackson rod.) and some germans (degonkolb etc)

Costa dominated Le Tour de Langkawi, taking a big lead only to lose the race when i simulated one of the flat stages (naturally, despite my team protecting lead, lost 20 minutes to breakaway).

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Costa dominated Le Tour de Langkawi, taking a big lead only to lose the race when i simulated one of the flat stages (naturally, despite my team protecting lead, lost 20 minutes to breakaway).

That's a classic PCM moment:D I rarely simulate stages. I do simulate a race if I don't care about it and/or if I'm only using it to gain racing form.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I started playing properly with a custom team

I dunno if it was the PCM update but i had 2/3rds of my budget after picking my team.

Went with a few dutchiees dutchies (kelderman, slagter, poels, bol, posthuma, the kreders, dekker, van poppel) as well as a couple Portuguese (costa, pinto, machado) a couple s/americans (rujano, atapuma, jackson rod.) and some germans (degonkolb etc)

44 is a bit expensive . . . i thought it would be a lot less tbh

are costa and machado any good lol?

Michielveedeebee said:
Costa yes, Machado is crap :p not even 70 climbing :p

Havetts said:
Stats are so far off for domestiques and lesser known GC men. :(

as usual lol.

costa is, i assume, a guy for the classics right? can you give a quick preview of his stats and potential? :p

ya i have heard about machado. i know he hasn't been climbing all that well but a 69 . . . . how much does he has at itting? from what he has shown at this vuelta's itt he should have at least 77.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
in the DP V1 update they are pretty good. think machado is near 75.

even pinto aint bad.

anyway if riders stats **** me off I ussually update them myself (after d/loading the daily peloton one)

I also got benat intxausti.

Truth be told in pcm, i love racing some off the historic conti races and trying to win. I plan on making machado dominate the volta. Not sure if the pcm boys added colombia but I might try that too with rujano (after he attempts giro of course, the only GT i wanna apply for a wildcard for in my first year).

I plan on not extending rujano's contract and allowing the dutch riders to become leader in year two. Kelderman has pretty nuce stats in the update and a big potential rating.

Also I have big plans for my Portuguese riders :p

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Stats don't really bug me tbh, its a game and they can't get it right for all. What ****es me off more is the "55" Guys, the ones they haven't bothered to do any research for at all. I just get the latest PCM db when I play, good enough!

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
in the DP V1 update they are pretty good. think machado is near 75.

even pinto aint bad.

anyway if riders stats **** me off I ussually update them myself (after d/loading the daily peloton one)

I also got benat intxausti.

Truth be told in pcm, i love racing some off the historic conti races and trying to win. I plan on making machado dominate the volta. Not sure if the pcm boys added colombia but I might try that too with rujano (after he attempts giro of course, the only GT i wanna apply for a wildcard for in my first year).

I plan on not extending rujano's contract and allowing the dutch riders to become leader in year two. Kelderman has pretty nuce stats in the update and a big potential rating.

Also I have big plans for my Portuguese riders :p
Have you ever heard of http://www.ppdb.nl?

If you want proper stats that's the place to be. Ofcourse sometimes even Plakker misses some guys (f.ex Jeanneson still had awful stats), but most of the times 99% is updated and correct

TRENDING THREADS