• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Proof of government doping program in Russia

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Aapjes said:
According to the Dutch news broadcaster NOS, there will be a documentary on the German ARD on Wednesday. The German journalist who uncovered the use of Full Size MGF and xenon-gas was approached by whistle blowers after those revelations. He now has proof that the Russian anti-doping bureau, the Moscow laboratory and the organisations for various sports are involved.

Dutch source:

http://nos.nl/artikel/2006890-ard-schokkende-onthullingen-over-doping-in-rusland.html

German source (probably the original):

http://www.sportschau.de/doping/interview-hajo-seppelt-geheimsache-doping100.html
I was thinking in terms of the "For" argument for Russia.

Russia still have the legacy culture from their time as the communist state, and do not have the same entrpreneurial and capitalist market economy that we have access to in western europe, and america and other similar nations.

Russia and China's institutionalised doping, is what to the Americans Canadians Brits and Austalians is to Barry Bonds and Balco, or Ben Johnson and Charlie Francis.

So, what this post, on the dichotomy side of the coin is aghast at, is the doping we pursue with our own preparatores like fuentes ferrari and cecchini, and leinders. rhw russian and chinese state sanctioned doping is just the same thing

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hajo Seppelt was one of the speakers at the Tackling Doping in Sport 2015 summit in London today.

The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) attempted to prevent Hajo Seppelt, the investigative journalist behind the ‘Geheimsache Doping’ documentary that exposed systematic doping in Russia, from speaking at Tackling Doping in Sport 2015. Seppelt said that he had received a letter from the IAAF drafted by law firm Bird & Bird, asking him not to speak and threatening him with legal action if he unveiled the evidence behind his documentary. Bird & Bird confirmed that it had written the letter. Seppelt (pictured) is also scheduled to speak at the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Anti-Doping Organisation Symposium in Lausanne, 24-26 March.

“They said that they would be very grateful if I would tell them in advance what I would show at [both] conferences”, Seppelt said in a media briefing. “If I am to use documentary footage, they would like to know what type of footage – is it new, old, whatever. Then, they told me that I have no credibility, and urged me not to disturb the WADA investigation into Russia and the IAAF. Then they said if I were to release any research material – and they think it might be internal IAAF material – they say they will take legal action against me. This is unbelievable.” http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/iaaf-attempts-to-silence-geheimsache-doping-journalist/

The research material, internal IAAF material, sounds like the list whit a high profile Brittish athlete on it.

Bird&Bird had delegates at Tackling Doping in Sport 2015, IAAF didn't. They were probably all busy tackling doping in Monaco.

http://www.cecileparkconferences.com/tackling-doping-sport-2015/delegate-list

Re:

neineinei said:
Hajo Seppelt was one of the speakers at the Tackling Doping in Sport 2015 summit in London today.

The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) attempted to prevent Hajo Seppelt, the investigative journalist behind the ‘Geheimsache Doping’ documentary that exposed systematic doping in Russia, from speaking at Tackling Doping in Sport 2015. Seppelt said that he had received a letter from the IAAF drafted by law firm Bird & Bird, asking him not to speak and threatening him with legal action if he unveiled the evidence behind his documentary. Bird & Bird confirmed that it had written the letter. Seppelt (pictured) is also scheduled to speak at the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Anti-Doping Organisation Symposium in Lausanne, 24-26 March.

“They said that they would be very grateful if I would tell them in advance what I would show at [both] conferences”, Seppelt said in a media briefing. “If I am to use documentary footage, they would like to know what type of footage – is it new, old, whatever. Then, they told me that I have no credibility, and urged me not to disturb the WADA investigation into Russia and the IAAF. Then they said if I were to release any research material – and they think it might be internal IAAF material – they say they will take legal action against me. This is unbelievable.” http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/iaaf-attempts-to-silence-geheimsache-doping-journalist/

The research material, internal IAAF material, sounds like the list whit a high profile Brittish athlete on it.

Bird&Bird had delegates at Tackling Doping in Sport 2015, IAAF didn't. They were probably all busy tackling doping in Monaco.

Thanks for the update.

Sport is so corrupt.

Edit: Except the guys who win of course. They are all honest and just train real hard.

Re:

neineinei said:

Not sure where to post, but Cookson and Vaughters are also on the List. Cookson spoke on the CIRC, and Vaughters spoke on Contracts and Sponsorships. I'd really like to hear what both of them have to say on each. Particularly, whatever Cookson says (rhetoric or substance?) and his audience's reaction (a mix of empty suits (or suits lined with cash) and genuine anti-doping advocates.) I'd like to hear if Vaughters has any opinion on Oleg's demand for results, his own demand for results, and the balance with integrity and clean sport.

I'll probably spend the next hour trying to find any video's, reactions/commentaries.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
According to IAAF the lawyers letter to Seppelt wasn't about the Russian stuff, but rather the lists of suspisous blood values (Radcliffe etc.).

Our letter did raise a separate matter, relating to a highly confidential document which Mr Seppelt has claimed to be in possession of. We asked Mr Seppelt not to reveal confidential medical information about individual athletes derived from that document, and are pleased that he adhered to this. You might take the view that this ‘story’ is a bit of a storm in a teacup.’

At the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Congress in Monaco during December 2014, Seppelt allegedly showed journalists a list of athletes who gave suspicious blood samples between 2006 and 2008. This list was shown in the third part of Seppelt’s ‘Geheimsache doping’ documentary, but with the names obscured. Under IAAF and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) rules, it is not possible to sanction an athlete based on a single suspicious blood sample. The IAAF has asked Seppelt to hand over the list to WADA, so that it can be independently reviewed.

http://www.sportsintegrityinitiativ...lt-not-to-reveal-athlete-medical-information/

A big problem with Seppelt is that he's largely been pretty quiet and reserved about the doping that's been going in Germany since...really WWII and when Germany was recovering economically from those years. Not least of all the organized doping in the Bundesliga. If you look at the results of the Germans, it didn't take them very long to win the WC once they started to focus on sports post-WWII. Beating the heavily favored Hungarians in 1954 and then being there or thereabouts for the next 60 years (and counting) should ring some bells. Hopefully the investigation into Stuttgart, Freiburg and all of the Bundesliga during the 70's and 80's doesn't get swept under the rug.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
A big problem with Seppelt is that he's largely been pretty quiet and reserved about the doping that's been going in Germany since...really WWII and when Germany was recovering economically from those years. Not least of all the organized doping in the Bundesliga. If you look at the results of the Germans, it didn't take them very long to win the WC once they started to focus on sports post-WWII. Beating the heavily favored Hungarians in 1954 and then being there or thereabouts for the next 60 years (and counting) should ring some bells. Hopefully the investigation into Stuttgart, Freiburg and all of the Bundesliga during the 70's and 80's doesn't get swept under the rug.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/06/***-to-the-bull-gif.gif
Seppelt being stumm about doping in Germany is just ***. Please read up on him. You can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajo_Seppelt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
still, with UCI and other sports bodies almost exclusively finding positive athletes in eastern europe, and then Hajo's documentary completely undressing Russia, it all leaves a bit of an anti-eastblock taste in my mouth.

neineinei said:
BullsFan22 said:

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/06/***-to-the-bull-gif.gif
Seppelt being stumm about doping in Germany is just ***. Please read up on him. You can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajo_Seppelt
Easy with the language, chief. And Wikipedia? You are gonna have to come up with something better. Has he come out with a propaganda-like documentary on German doping or does he care more for foreigners?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

BullsFan22 said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Together with the former Canadian swimmer Karin Helmstaedt, Seppelt made the documentary film Staatsgeheimnis Kinderdoping (State Secret Child Doping) about the perpetrators and victims of doping in East German swimming

wiki wiki wiki pedia WHACK!

el oh el.
Oh wow. East German swimmers doping?!? No freaking way. What's next? Water is wet?

Uh you said:
A big problem with Seppelt is that he's largely been pretty quiet and reserved about the doping that's been going in Germany since

The first thing he ever did was a doping expose on German swimmers.

You got pwned. Tough luck. I am sure you'll find someone else to hate.

And completely change the topic or introduce a strawman to avoid admitting your error in that process too.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
‘Doping a thing of the past’

http://www.supersport.com/Athletics/int ... f_the_past

Yury Borzakovsky, the newly-appointed head coach of Russia's national athletics team, insisted Tuesday that doping was a thing of the past and that all Russian track and field athletes were now "clean".

Russia has been accused of using widespread doping in sport, with a raft of high-profile athletes having failed tests, and is under investigation by track and field's governing body, the IAAF, and the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada).

It claimed a notable scalp last month when Russian Athletics Federation chief Valentin Balakhnichev resigned, bringing to an end his 24-year reign.

Borzakovsky, officially named as head coach on Monday after being in interim charge since February 6, said there had been a clear break from the wrongs of the past.

"Our anti-doping service is working really well," the R-Sport news agency quoted Borzakovsky, the 2004 Olympic 800m gold medallist, as saying.

"And we're planning to hold anti-doping workshops at every national team training camp in the future.

"I'm sure that all of the country's athletes understand clearly that the past should remain in the past. We've turned over a new leaf. We have a new team and all of its athletes are 'clean' now."

Borzakovsky, who also won two silver and two bronze medals at world championships between 2003-11, added: "Discipline in the national squad will be much stricter.

"The athletes and their coaches will report to me on their work done every month."

The 33-year-old Borzakovsky, who only called a halt to his own career in January, is ready to take full responsibility for the national squad's performances.

"Now, after my official appointment, I can keep on working with optimism," he said.

"I believe I have a clear view of the situation in the country's athletics and totally accept my personal responsibility for the national team's performance."

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, MagnificentMerckx, that's just baffling.
They think they can get away with it that easily? They're probably right. Who's gonna go after them? Nobody.

What is striking in all this is the complete inaction on the part of the athletes.
has anybody heard about any athlete (or athlete organisation) putting any pressure on IAAF to condemn Russia more sharply and/or investigate them more thoroughly? I sure as hell haven't and I'm afraid it tells us just how many clean pro-athletes there are out there. Tragically few.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
Thanks, MagnificentMerckx, that's just baffling.
They think they can get away with it that easily? They're probably right. Who's gonna go after them? Nobody.

What is striking in all this is the complete inaction on the part of the athletes.
has anybody heard about any athlete (or athlete organisation) putting any pressure on IAAF to condemn Russia more sharply and/or investigate them more thoroughly? I sure as hell haven't and I'm afraid it tells us just how many clean pro-athletes there are out there. Tragically few.

yeah, Dame Paula.

"EPO Cheats Out!".

she even added an excalamation mark. thats a meta exclamation. And she is waiting patiently to be knighted for her damehood

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

neineinei said:
2013: 70% of the suspicious bio passport profiles were Russian

http://beta.nzz.ch/sport/systematischer-betrug-in-russland-1.18517658 (German)
it's a good link.
no surprises here:
At the end of 2013 there was a meeting at which Gabriel Dollé as chief antidoping official informed the IAAF on the problem [of doping in Russia]. This is the official version. From reliable source it is said that there were negotiations about which doping cases should be swept under the carpet.

TRENDING THREADS