• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Protest against Cavendish

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Saw that Klier and Hunt held back the peloton at the start of the stage today. I am very happy to see someone actually standing up and saying what MOST of us think (and not being able to say right to the faces of the riders even if we wanted). Even for the fastet sprinter i the world there has to be consequences for your actions. When he does not want to behave, someone has to put him in his place.

I hereby join the protest of Andreas Klier and Jeremy Hunt!! If anybody else wants to protest with me, you are welcome...

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
abusing?????

Ofcourse I write about what i think, don't you? Since I don't have the possibility to stand infront of his face and say it, I do it here!

Abusing? Get it straight!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Newgymshoes said:
sorry, should maybe have posted this in the original post...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=DMF20100616_038

for those who don't understand it says that today (16.June) Andreas Klier and Jeremy Hunt held back the peloton at the start of the race to protest against Cavendish. They hold him responsible for what happened and they say he didn't even apologize to anyone.

Sorry, Cav. and Haussler do what sprinters do. Go try some amatuer races that is what sprinters do. That is the game. Check out the latest Velonews.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Newgymshoes said:
sorry, should maybe have posted this in the original post...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=DMF20100616_038

for those who don't understand it says that today (16.June) Andreas Klier and Jeremy Hunt held back the peloton at the start of the race to protest against Cavendish. They hold him responsible for what happened and they say he didn't even apologize to anyone.

They shouldn't try to hold back the peloton. That's dangerous and can cause accidents as people cleat up to go.

I suppose Cav could have apologised. But then again, if he thinks it's a racing incident and he didn't do it deliberately then he might not want to show guilt. It would be like admitting it was all his fault.

Nothing is ever Frodo's fault though is it. Whenever anything goes wrong someone else is to blame.

Frodo needs to man up and apologise - his reckless riding has sent one rider to the hospital with a broken hip - and that is entirely the fault of Frodo.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Cavendouche has no class, was it last years TdF or in 08 when he had a run in with Piet Rooijakkers, then the next day Rooijakkers before the start of the stage went to chat with Cavendouche, but wouldn't come out the team bus to talk, but then he showed his class when at the start of the stage he rode past Rooijakkers and knocked/hit his helmet.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
You know I was just thinking that we didn't have enough Cav-bashing threads on the forum today. Thanks for rectifying the situation, newgymshoes!

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
agree w/flicker. it's what they do. it's what happens. joining a "protest"? jeezuz. i can't imagine how a peloton would move if you had to call out every thing and everyone that was involved in crash. Cavendish is this, he's that....waaahhhh Shut up and ride.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
phlatties said:
agree w/flicker. it's what they do. it's what happens. joining a "protest"? jeezuz. i can't imagine how a peloton would move if you had to call out every thing and everyone that was involved in crash. Cavendish is this, he's that....waaahhhh Shut up and ride.

But that's just the point. It's not done, usually. Which means that the riders themselves think it was egregious enough to warrant some sort of action.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
But that's just the point. It's not done, usually. Which means that the riders themselves think it was egregious enough to warrant some sort of action.

I think Cavendish and Haussler were wrong. Cav. slowed and cut over, Haussler accelerated and elbowed and hit Cav.
If you are a pro, you need to expect it. If you can't take the heat ramp it up and drop those dangerous guys.
Otherwise ride 2 hundred feet back you will still get the same time. The protesters are wooses and whiners.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
You know I was just thinking that we didn't have enough Cav-bashing threads on the forum today. Thanks for rectifying the situation, newgymshoes!

I tend to agree with that. But perhaps we need a Sticky anti Cav thread to help feed the bloodlust.

I dont know what Jeremy Hunt's on, pathetic behaviour by a journyeman and he should grow up and just race - this isnt triathlon or girl racing.

A

Anonymous

Eyeballs Out said:
If we're going to have a protest against every rider that makes a mistake which causes a crash then we're not going to get very many prompt starts

Cervelo should just shut up and ride

ditto

Hunt should stop whining and try racing.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:

Well, if that is the truth, then it just goes to show that a lot of people think he should change his attitude more than a bit!!

May 13, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I think Cavendish and Haussler were wrong. Cav. slowed and cut over, Haussler accelerated and elbowed and hit Cav.
If you are a pro, you need to expect it. If you can't take the heat ramp it up and drop those dangerous guys.
Otherwise ride 2 hundred feet back you will still get the same time. The protesters are wooses and whiners.

I wasn't talking about the sprint itself. I was talking about the protest. It's not usual, which means that the riders themselves think Cav went over the top.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Newgymshoes said:
Well, if that is the truth, then it just goes to show that a lot of people think he should change his attitude more than a bit!!

i don't understand. did Cavendish box you out in a sprint back in some wednesday night worlds local crit a decade ago? this is how a crash happens, somebody focuses WAY too much on just one wheel and then you're on the floor. We're trying to keep on "riding" here. not hatin' just statin'.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
phlatties said:
i don't understand. did Cavendish box you out in a sprint back in some wednesday night worlds local crit a decade ago? this is how a crash happens, somebody focuses WAY too much on just one wheel and then you're on the floor. We're trying to keep on "riding" here. not hatin' just statin'.

If you read the latest article on cyclingnews you can see that more than just the Cervelo riders and me (NOT a cervelo rider) are asking Cavendish to change. That is not hatin', that's statin'!

I think the issue here is more about Cavindish’s the man himself. If the same events occurred with any other rider there wouldn’t have been a protest. Hunt and co. are sticking up for their man. Bravo to that. Cav’s problem when he was winning every race he entered he did it without humility. Now he’s not winning so much and making mistakes he’s finding he has no friends. Its going to be a long time to he can earn back the respect of the peloton. It will go against him the Tour. He’s becoming a liability of Columbia – they don’t seem to be able to manage him. I think well done to the protest. Cervelo stuck up for their man who was fowled. If the roles were reversed what do you think Cav would have done? He wouldn’t have held a protest the next day on the startline. He would have ran up to the Cervelo team bus, banged on their door, when they didn’t open it he would have smashed one of the windows, jumped in and smashed the place up. He then would have spent the next 6 weeks telling the press what a bunch of sc3m bags the Cervelo team are. Contrast will show what Cervelo did was pride for the team and their man.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
phlatties said:

Funny you say that...Cavs should work on keeping it on riding..not crashing.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Cavendouche has no class, was it last years TdF or in 08 when he had a run in with Piet Rooijakkers, then the next day Rooijakkers before the start of the stage went to chat with Cavendouche, but wouldn't come out the team bus to talk, but then he showed his class when at the start of the stage he rode past Rooijakkers and knocked/hit his helmet.

wow i remember that what a morally reprehensible individual. i really would like to see another rider decide to get dq'd and kick the crap out of cav that would be priceless. i find it amazing he did not even offer an apology i watched the video he should have been dq'd.

TRENDING THREADS