• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Puerto bags to be handed over

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

thehog said:
TheSpud said:
Dertie Bertie please ....

Cookson / Reedie swapping a Contador to cover a Wiggins, doubtful.

Hmm now lets look at the facts.

Were there any bags that were EVER (and I mean EVER) linked to Wiggo? - Err No
Were there any bags that were linked to Bertie? - Yes, possibly - the ones with AC on perhaps?

So, if you have proof of the swap why don't you post it.

TheSpud said:
:eek:

TheSpud said:

Were there any bags that were linked to Bertie? - Yes, possibly - the ones with AC on perhaps?

There was never any mention of bags with AC on it - only of the initials appearing in documents.

Contador didn't have bags. Not to mention he's been caught and served a ban before. Few people denying he's a juicer. Would actually serve nothing new. People without prior suspensions getting implicated would mean more. Like Cancellara for example.

LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:

TheSpud said:

There was never any mention of bags with AC on it - only of the initials appearing in documents.

I stand corrected on the exact detail. 'AC' was found, 'BW' wasn't.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
Thijs Zonneveld on twitter is breaking that 35 Puerto bags have been identified by the Lausanne lab.
It allegedly concerns 23 cyclists and 12 t&f athletes.
So again no soccer or tennis players.

Names to be made public soon. But I'm not sure if it concerns 'new' names.

edit: Thijs expects only a handful of new names.
I'm shocked, that's totally unexpected. :rolleyes:

TheSpud said:
LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:

TheSpud said:

Anton Colom? Yes his name was there, do you ever fact check anything you write?

Re:

Red Rick said:
Contador didn't have bags. Not to mention he's been caught and served a ban before. Few people denying he's a juicer. Would actually serve nothing new. People without prior suspensions getting implicated would mean more. Like Cancellara for example.

UCI will never allow Cancellara to fall, even now when he is retired.

It will be someone that we allready know has doped.

Re:

sniper said:
Thijs Zonneveld on twitter is breaking that 35 Puerto bags have been identified by the Lausanne lab.

J A Flecha
Canc
F Schleck
any others?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

MatParker117 said:
sniper said:

J A Flecha
Canc
F Schleck
any others?
that would be a very decent harvest tbh.
Valverde, Sanchez (LL) and Contador would be nice too. But assuming the Spanish have some kind of deal with Lausanne, I'm guessing no Spanish names this time round.

thehog said:
TheSpud said:
LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:

TheSpud said:

Do you ever stop trolling? Most (if not all) suspect that AC referred to Bertie.

The name you mention (Anton Colom) or even variants of it doesn't even have a Wiki page, which means he (if he exists) is a nobody. Try again Hog - you love to try and twist reality don't you. And you never admit when you are wrong.

I think even Flo admits that AC is likely to be Bertie.

TheSpud said:
thehog said:
TheSpud said:
LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:

TheSpud said:

Do you ever stop trolling? Most (if not all) suspect that AC referred to Bertie.

The name you mention (Anton Colom) or even variants of it doesn't even have a Wiki page, which means he (if he exists) is a nobody. Try again Hog - you love to try and twist reality don't you. And you never admit when you are wrong.

Apologies I know your cycling knowledge only goes back as far as 2012 :lol:

The International Cycling Union (UCI) have said riders suspected of doping will be named next week.

The announcement comes just 24 hours after Spain's Anton Colom received a provisional suspension for testing positive for the banned blood booster EPO (erythropoietin).

With less than a month till the Tour de France prologue in Monte Carlo, Pat McQuaid, the UCI president, has has said he will act quickly with cycling's drug cheats.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/5496206/Suspected-dope-cheating-cyclists-will-be-named-says-UCI-president-Pat-McQuaid.html

TheSpud said:
Well yes of course the abbrevation AC on Liberty Seguros training documents and race schedules refers to Berto.
AC is also on the fax Fuentes sent Saiz with the doping prescription for the 2005 TDF riders. It can be no one but Berto, there was no other AC on the Liberty TDF team. But even on that fax there was no definite proof Berto doped/was a client of Fuentes ("nada o igual a JJ"). I don't think there ever was a blood bag for him in Fuentes' fridge but we will see.

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

TheSpud said:

The International Cycling Union (UCI) have said riders suspected of doping will be named next week.

The announcement comes just 24 hours after Spain's Anton Colom received a provisional suspension for testing positive for the banned blood booster EPO (erythropoietin).

With less than a month till the Tour de France prologue in Monte Carlo, Pat McQuaid, the UCI president, has has said he will act quickly with cycling's drug cheats.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/5496206/Suspected-dope-cheating-cyclists-will-be-named-says-UCI-president-Pat-McQuaid.html

2009? So:
3 years after Puerto ...
A small no name rider

As I said Hog - you're trolling (again).[/quote]

How is he trolling? He made a statement and backed it up.

Colom was a good climber also; way better than say Froome was ore-2011.

He was also to support Paco Mancebo of which his team were all clients of Fuentes.

More recently;

In July 2014, Colom, competing as an amateur, won the 35-39 male age group at Ironman Frankfurt qualifying himself to compete at the 2014 Ironman World Championship in Hawai'i

LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:
Well yes of course the abbrevation AC on Liberty Seguros training documents and race schedules refers to Berto.
AC is also on the fax Fuentes sent Saiz with the doping prescription for the 2005 TDF riders. It can be no one but Berto, there was no other AC on the Liberty TDF team. But even on that fax there was no definite proof Berto doped/was a client of Fuentes ("nada o igual a JJ"). I don't think there ever was a blood bag for him in Fuentes' fridge but we will see.

I think we all agree with what you say (because its true!). I'd be massively surprised if none of those bags matched Bertie. In my view it was swept under the carpet back in 2006.

thehog said:
Colom was a good climber also; way better than say Froome was ore-2011.

He was also to support Paco Mancebo of which his team were all clients of Fuentes.

More recently;

In July 2014, Colom, competing as an amateur, won the 35-39 male age group at Ironman Frankfurt qualifying himself to compete at the 2014 Ironman World Championship in Hawai'i

I think you are just arguing with yourself now. 99%+ of people interested in cycling agree / suspect / etc. that 'AC' is Bertie (since he was a Liberty rider) and not some unknown no-name. But hey - if you want to believe its the other guy then thats up to you. I just think you're making yourself look silly.

Ironhead Slim said:
TheSpud said:

2009? So:
3 years after Puerto ...
A small no name rider

As I said Hog - you're trolling (again).

How is he trolling? He made a statement and backed it up.[/quote]

He's trolling because he is arguing about a point that is well accepted - 'AC' is Bertie. Everyone knows it, never ever has it been said AC was Antom Colom. Why? Because 'AC' was noted in the Liberty documents - did Colom ride for them? Errr - no. Case proved and closed. Hog is not some amateur follower - he knows (or at least purports to) a lot. To come up with Colom is just baloney and therefore trolling or baiting. He should accept he is wrong and move on.

So will Spain be punished or 'banned' for systematic cover ups and refusal to prosecute its own athletes and letting them compete even when they (the authorities that is) knew the athletes were doping under Fuentes, De Moral, Ferrari, etc? And what about government sponsored Olympic federations?

TheSpud said:
Ironhead Slim said:
TheSpud said:

2009? So:
3 years after Puerto ...
A small no name rider

As I said Hog - you're trolling (again).

How is he trolling? He made a statement and backed it up.

He's trolling because he is arguing about a point that is well accepted - 'AC' is Bertie. Everyone knows it, never ever has it been said AC was Antom Colom. Why? Because 'AC' was noted in the Liberty documents - did Colom ride for them? Errr - no. Case proved and closed. Hog is not some amateur follower - he knows (or at least purports to) a lot. To come up with Colom is just baloney and therefore trolling or baiting. He should accept he is wrong and move on.[/quote]

Colom was a helper, that was his job, he helped other teams outside of his own continental and pro teams. Its in his race history.

Even Contador's team manager at the time said they never gave him anything - 'Nada' is possible that Contador didn't dope via Fuentes - did Contador dope? Most likely, close to 100% but there is a more than a large possibility it was not with Fuentes.

Saiz says Contador is innocent:

Saiz commented on the current case involving one of his former riders, Alberto Contador. He tested positive for Clenbuterol during the 2010 Tour de France and while he has been cleared by the Spanish federation RFEC, he faces the possibility of an appeal by the UCI or WADA.

He said that he believed that going on his past experience with the rider, that he didn’t think he would take banned substances. “The Alberto that I knew and I taught, of course I believe in his total innocence. And I think in these things, he has not changed. I cannot put my hand in the first for anyone, but the Alberto Contador I knew [when he was on his team] has no need for these things.”

Contador was implicated in Operación Puerto, but ultimately cleared. One oft-cited reference is a mention of ‘A.C’ on a document released from the investigation in May 2006. In it, those initials were linked to a hand-written note claimed to represent doping schedules, saying ‘Nada or igual a JJ.’ It was interpreted as meaning that at that point in time, he would be given either nothing or the same as the rider Jorg Jaksche. The latter subsequently admitted doping.

Contador denied ever meeting Eufemiano Fuentes, and said he has not doped. Some have suggested that ‘A.C’ could also refer to the rider Antonio Colom.

I would add:

A Spanish judge and the UCI both cleared Contador. Even the elusive Fuentes, speaking last year on Spanish radio, said he never worked with Contador.

“I was on the wrong team at the wrong time. My name was on this infamous list, but one week later, the UCI had more time to examine the documents and I was taken off. My relation with Puerto was annulled,” Contador said. “I was cleared of any link with the scandal.”

You only need to look at Colom teams to see that he was linked with Fuentes in some way:

1999–2001 Costa de Almería
2002–2003 Colchon Relax
2004–2006 Illes Balears–Banesto
2007–2008 Astana

2009 Team Katusha

thehog said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well hog since he is Spanish instead of Russian his name is actually Antonio ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Colom

He called himself "Toni" and "Anton" (he rode for Katusha), both nicknames. Those with cycling knowledge pre-2012 know their cyclists. There is more than rumors that AC was Anton and not Contador but we may never know.
This is hilarious.

hqdefault.jpg