• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Qatar - Stage 4 - The Pearl - Al Khor Corniche 146.5 km

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
bos has an awesome burst of speed, needs to improve his endurance, though as far as I could tell he practically gave up once he knew he was beaten by chicchi.

nice win by chicchi though.

haussler just cannot buy a win in qatar...he didn't get one last year on the way to second overall and now he has two seconds in consecutive stages, its only a matter of time until he gets that first W...and timmy long time no see, glad to have you and your love of rabo back

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Phinney in the top 10 again.

Are his handlers trying to develop him into a sprinter? I mean, his dad was pretty solid in the sprints so perhaps he has the genes for it... but I wouldn't have expected him in the top 10 in any group sprint in Qatar with the names that are present... I honestly wouldn't expect him to take part in the sprints at all.

I thought he was going for the whole TT/cobbled route as a rider... taking part in sprints has taken me a bit off guard.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Phinney in the top 10 again.

Are his handlers trying to develop him into a sprinter? I mean, his dad was pretty solid in the sprints so perhaps he has the genes for it... but I wouldn't have expected him in the top 10 in any group sprint in Qatar with the names that are present... I honestly wouldn't expect him to take part in the sprints at all.

I thought he was going for the whole TT/cobbled route as a rider... taking part in sprints has taken me a bit off guard.

Yesterday Saxo was amping on the front at 50 with nobody to take the fantastic leadout. Liquigas really looks like they have some speed this year, But Phinney looks really skinny for his awesome power, Winning Paris/Roubaix
gave him a lot of confidence. We shall see when he gets a chance to race in the adult version. Quickstep also puts lots of guys up in the mix but only Boonen and Steegmans are looking like they have the punch to win. Phinney is like a Jr Cancellara in the saddle speed and power that opens big gaps when he is near the front. Bos has torque that is really impressive.For such boring race layouts I am glad to see all these drag races at the end. Speaking of drags,I was hoping to see Wiggins do some early climbing so that when the press starts questioning if his tour result was a fluke he will crack. He is going to pull a Sastre

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
Yesterday Saxo was amping on the front at 50 with nobody to take the fantastic leadout. Liquigas really looks like they have some speed this year, But Phinney looks really skinny for his awesome power, Winning Paris/Roubaix
gave him a lot of confidence. We shall see when he gets a chance to race in the adult version. Quickstep also puts lots of guys up in the mix but only Boonen and Steegmans are looking like they have the punch to win. Phinney is like a Jr Cancellara in the saddle speed and power that opens big gaps when he is near the front. Bos has torque that is really impressive.For such boring race layouts I am glad to see all these drag races at the end. Speaking of drags,I was hoping to see Wiggins do some early climbing so that when the press starts questioning if his tour result was a fluke he will crack. He is going to pull a Sastre

Don't know who the Quickstep rider is you're thinking of, but it's probably not Steegmans.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Don't know who the Quickstep rider is you're thinking of, but it's probably not Steegmans.

My bad,Hadeo. I just couldn't figure out who Saxo was bringing to the front. It's not like there is not enough Shack smack on these sites! Now I am claiming Saxo is leading out one of Lances birds..sorry. Just a weird mental picture of Gert and Boonen attacking people like the old days.I like Devolder anyway,forget Gert.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
it seemed chaotic.. and I'm also not sure what Saxobank were doing.
Downing got on the front for a while for Sky, but it looked like a girls race speeded up.

dimspace said:
Those pesky arabs and their nails on the road joke... such pranksters :D
That's because the whole place is a building site.
Gawd, what a dull race.
We missed the peloton break up on stage 2 and since then it's been a real snoozzzzzzzzzefest.
Bos is the fastest man in the world.........over 5 metres, after that, he's looking to "Impey" the peloton.:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey Susan...Could you get CN to clarify which Ben King is which? They are both listed as from USA...it would make things a little clearer..

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS