• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I have always like Chris and I suspect that if he was playing level with the Euros back the first time he went over the pond that he might have won a lot more big races. For a lot of years he was the number one North American pro

A

Anonymous

Master50 said:
I have always like Chris and I suspect that if he was playing level with the Euros back the first time he went over the pond that he might have won a lot more big races. For a lot of years he was the number one North American pro

In the mix with Lemond, Hampsten, Thurlow (probably missing a few) as one of the very best road cyclists the US has ever produced.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
+ a million. What a legend?

What an absolute talent.

Not a Horner fan??:D

Eh, I'm biased. He's from Cali and I like him. So I guess I'm a fanboy.:eek:

Been watching his from the Comptel/Colorado Cyclist/Nutrafig days when he had this long, ridiculous pony tail.

yeah, the guy's a growing inspiration. Aside from his 'top 3 climbers in the world' comments and a few defenses of Lance that I wasn't too excited by, he's always got a great enthusiasm for competition and that interview put up by RR showed the kind of excitement about a good performance that someone like Flecha is liked by many for. Hope he has a good year.

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
he did real good. always been a rider to watch. very smart.

Smart?

This is the same man who said, only yesterday, that Nibali was out of it and Kreuziger was his only serious threat for the T-A GC?

Tei6chai said:
Smart?

This is the same man who said, only yesterday, that Nibali was out of it and Kreuziger was his only serious threat for the T-A GC?
He thought he was right though, but he just happened to be 'misformed' about Nibali and Liquigas, and he paid the prize. Obviously Kreuzinger thought the same thing :)

Moose McKnuckles said:
Chapeau, Chris. Horner is a great guy and a great rider.
+1

I have read that he is really the best talent in the last decade from the USA. Maybe is true and he missed a lot of opportunities.

I don't remember what race it was, maybe in San Francisco, where he kept pedaling hard after he had crossed the finish line first but he didn't know it. LOL. That was funny.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Sarcasm based on what? Why wouldn't I like Horner?

it did sound sarcastic :D (the what a legend bit is often used in a derogatory sense) thats just a sidenote btw i know u like him
and so do i
so yeah, give it up for Chris Horner!
do you guys remember when he transported a fallen rider and his bike to the finish?! :D i mean who else would do such a thing..

and i cant recall seeing one image of him not smiling :D
lets hope he gets a win or two before he retires

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep, he is one of the best guys in the peleton, hope he can win California again. That was great watching him ride away from everybody when it was his turn to do a pull.

Scott SoCal said:
Eh, I'm biased. He's from Cali and I like him. So I guess I'm a fanboy.:eek:

Actually he is from Bend Oregon.

TRENDING THREADS