• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race thread: Olympics 2020/21 Tokyo, Men's Road Race, 234k

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Goodmorning! I'm starting to worry a bit about the break. Not that they won't take it back, but it could be late in the race (and thus messy).
Someone's got to pull on the climbs, Italy/Belgium/Spain (and, edit: Slovenia ofcourse) should talk a bit to see who they will sacrifice.

Goodmorning! I'm starting to worry a bit about the break. Not that they won't take it back, but it could be late in the race (and thus messy).
Someone's got to pull on the climbs, Italy/Belgium/Spain should talk a bit to see who they will sacrifice.

No reason to worry. They will be melted away into the second climb. This is a nasty race day and they will blow up on Fuji if not sooner.

Reactions: Volderke
Tuned in 20 mins ago with 184K to go.
Don't quite understand Danish' team tactics, sitting half the team in the front using energy, I interpret this as weakness and sourrender, not exactly hearing songs from the Bird.
Tadej, on the other side, in the back of the peleton with a laugh and big smile that seems could last until the finish line.
Edit: Unfortunately have to leave the live signal again now, hopefully I'll be able to watch the dying k's...

Last edited:
YouTube has a couple of good streams..one in Spanish,w 2 females commenting is decent..
this South African guy in the front has leg cadence like a sewing machine..smooth operator..
There looks to be not much difference in officiating..the normal Madison style hand slings look to be there from pieces of ice,bananas and bottles..
I can't pick a favorite..big names showing zero respect for the break and it looks like they think the away riders don't have the legs for 2 climbs..it is going to be crazy if there is a black, African Olympic champion!!!And Sagan's bro podiums..

TRENDING THREADS