• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 152 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Italian CX action from Turino; doesn't look the most inspiring course....
And yet the Euro Cross Country (athletics) championship was in La Mandria park just outside Turin, and half of that course looked far more suited to CX than to running.

And yet the Euro Cross Country (athletics) championship was in La Mandria park just outside Turin, and half of that course looked far more suited to CX than to running.

Most of the Italian CX races I've seen seem similar; rather boring, not technical, and not very hilly - no wonder Persico isn't very good technically; just relies on her engine.

Who knows what happens today. Hopefully no actual bad luck mechanicals. I wouldn't call either of MVDP's issues on the last lap "bad luck". Thought his strategy was a good one as he gave himself two chances to win - gap Wout on that last section and downhill, and if that doesn't work he still has his shot in the sprint. Couldn't manage to execute either but still a good plan IMO.

Who knows what happens today. Hopefully no actual bad luck mechanicals. I wouldn't call either of MVDP's issues on the last lap "bad luck". Thought his strategy was a good one as he gave himself two chances to win - gap Wout on that last section and downhill, and if that doesn't work he still has his shot in the sprint. Couldn't manage to execute either but still a good plan IMO.
It's usually tight and twisty. I think VdP gets this one tonight.