Race Thread

Page 152 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Who knows what happens today. Hopefully no actual bad luck mechanicals. I wouldn't call either of MVDP's issues on the last lap "bad luck". Thought his strategy was a good one as he gave himself two chances to win - gap Wout on that last section and downhill, and if that doesn't work he still has his shot in the sprint. Couldn't manage to execute either but still a good plan IMO.

Who knows what happens today. Hopefully no actual bad luck mechanicals. I wouldn't call either of MVDP's issues on the last lap "bad luck". Thought his strategy was a good one as he gave himself two chances to win - gap Wout on that last section and downhill, and if that doesn't work he still has his shot in the sprint. Couldn't manage to execute either but still a good plan IMO.
It's usually tight and twisty. I think VdP gets this one tonight.

Puck in another fabulous ride.....demonstrating her skills. Van Anrooij kept her honest, and a fine third for Ceylin. Looked a good battle between Vas, Persico & Backstedt. PFP not helped by more chain/ rear mech issues but wasn't ever going to trouble the sharp end.

Reactions: Gwbert