• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 153 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Puck in another fabulous ride.....demonstrating her skills. Van Anrooij kept her honest, and a fine third for Ceylin. Looked a good battle between Vas, Persico & Backstedt. PFP not helped by more chain/ rear mech issues but wasn't ever going to trouble the sharp end.
I wonder how PFP would fare with a decent starting position? A bit better perhaps but not troubling Puck & co.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
I wonder how PFP would fare with a decent starting position? A bit better perhaps but not troubling Puck & co.
Dublin had a very small field of riders, about 25, so there the starting position didn't affect the race too much. And she had a pretty decent start there. Until Van Empel and Pieterse put on the afterburners and it was bye bye Pauline. The starting position really isn't the problem.

Puck in another fabulous ride.....demonstrating her skills. Van Anrooij kept her honest, and a fine third for Ceylin. Looked a good battle between Vas, Persico & Backstedt. PFP not helped by more chain/ rear mech issues but wasn't ever going to trouble the sharp end.

Think if Van Anrooj had a decent start, it might have been a proper two-up battle. Think she got pushed back down to about 15th and Puck just flew on that first lap. Slow starts have been an issue for Shirin a few times this year, the Euros in Namur was one such race. Puck still technically the best.

Think Alvarado has been the best of the Non-youngsters this season and had a seriously impressive run through the sand on one lap, looked like she was sprinting.

Also, meant to say this before but Clara Honsingers helmet looks awful, like an upside down basin, I know it's team issue yet I don't really notice Baclstedts helmet as much unless it's the colour making it worse.

Reactions: postmanhat
Think if Van Anrooj had a decent start, it might have been a proper two-up battle. Think she got pushed back down to about 15th and Puck just flew on that first lap. Slow starts have been an issue for Shirin a few times this year, the Euros in Namur was one such race. Puck still technically the best.

Think Alvarado has been the best of the Non-youngsters this season and had a seriously impressive run through the sand on one lap, looked like she was sprinting.

Also, meant to say this before but Clara Honsingers helmet looks awful, like an upside down basin, I know it's team issue yet I don't really notice Baclstedts helmet as much unless it's the colour making it worse.
The top ten is seriously young if you look at it with Alvarado only 24 and already a WC.

Reactions: postmanhat

Yes, she was miles back at the start and it was impressive how quickly she came through in the first lap, but it must have taken it's toll. A shame as Marty pointed out, it would have a classic duel between an MTB/CX and Road/CX rider. Van Anrooij a monster in the sand, quicker on the road/flat, with Pieterse better everywhere else? Backstedt's been on form since her training camp, but really needs to improve her running and sand riding. Time is on her side I suppose :)

FlF1F9QXwAEg8xr