• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 193 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Transfer news; Zoe Backstedt joins Canyon-Sram from today, 1st September. I did notice her instagram post mentioning haven ridden her last road race for EF-Tibco-SVB; but expected her to carry on riding CX for them until New Year, and move to the new EF-Cannondale team like a lot of the others.
Will be interesting to see what Clara Honsinger does now

Also from the pictures on the Canyon SRAM social media, Backstedt appears to be holding the new updated Inflite that van der Poel was on last season. Maghalie Rochette also appeared to be on that in a couple of videos on here Instragrma

Reactions: Wyndbrook
Good to see Maghalie back to decent form; according to her husband, she's hitting numbers from when she won a World Cup.
Definitely pleased for Rochette. Between her and the Holmgren twins I'm hoping for big things from the Canadians on the women's side.

Rochette may have her way in the American races as Mani says she is not in her usual cross form due to competing in (and not enjoying) the Lifetime Grand Prix races. Raylyn Nuss may be suffering the same effects while Rebecca Fahringer didn't even race this weekend due to the Lifetime race.

There's a similar issue on the men's side with a bunch of guys missing to do the gravel thing (Werner, Brunner, Haidet, etc.)

The march of Lifetime GP/ Gravel; they're offering big prize money - so you can't blame riders for having a go. US Cyclocross can't really compete in terms of $$$$$$
I've said before, the best US riders aren't being seen in CX; they're doing Gravel, MTB, Road.......
The prize money for the Lifetime GP and gravel generally isn't even that large, but that's where the sponsorship money is. Which is unfornate for the riders that would prefer to race CX.

We saw already that the Holmgrens have been signed by Lidl Trek next year, but the other top junior from last season Lauren Molengraaf also appears to be going to the world tour next year. A slightly weird combination of Intermarche's development/cx team and FDJ Suez seems to be happening to allow her to combine road and cx. A slightly less strange combination due to the common ground of Lapierre is then Lapierre Mavic also joining the combination for xc.

Are Intermarche switching to Lapierre? As that would be the connection - riding for the same Manufacturer.

In other news, Albert Phillipsen has won the Euro ITT title; one wonders how much CX he will do this season.
Possibly they are. The Groupama FDJ aren't riding Lpaierre next season I don't think. However it would be strange considering the cx team wouldn't have a sponsor correct bike to ride as I can't currently see any suitable Lapierre gravel bike let alone a proper cx bike.

Possibly they are. The Groupama FDJ aren't riding Lpaierre next season I don't think. However it would be strange considering the cx team wouldn't have a sponsor correct bike to ride as I can't currently see any suitable Lapierre gravel bike let alone a proper cx bike.

I assume both FDJ - SUEZ and Mavic-Lapierre Unity will continue to ride on Lapierre, and that IGW will still be riding on CUBE. This doesn't seem to be more than a partnership that secures Molengraaf support for all 3 disciplines during the next 2 years.

Otherwise it would have made sense to reveal a deal between the teams and bike brands while they were at it, but we'll to wait and see.

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
Considering they've been quite a small and less well known setup in the past couple of seasons Heizomat Kloster Kitchen have made some big signings this season. First of all Judith Krahl came back after some issues with her belgian team and she was having some good results last year. When the roster was announced this month they had Loris Roullier down and he's looking to be getting back towards where he was back when he was in one of the Roodhooft brothers teams. The other signing they've just made has also come from the collapse of the Legendre CX team in the form of Taimen Reuugg who got Switzerland's first world cup podium in quite a while last year.

Do folks know which team (if any) Honsinger will ride with this cross season? It appears that the new EF-Cannondale women’s team is focused on the road—although their website is awful for getting information from, and Google isn’t helping me much either. I know Backsted signed with a new team, have been waiting to hear something about Honsinger.