• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Random French guys ripping up the Tour

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Demare's orginal strava file was taken down. Why?

Was the reposted file the same or 'doctored'?

Has anyone got a copy of original and 2nd posting.

Not sure why others are upset in the clinic, this is professional sport after all! They all break and bend the rules at every opportunity when they think they can. Cycling has always been this way. For people to pretend otherwise shows they have not read or paid attention to closely to the sport. Most in the sport will quietly say chapeau to Madiot if they did cheat to win and it is known amongst the peloton it happened.

Getting bent out of shape because an athlete is accused of cheating is laughable, especially in cycling.

Chill and consider your heart problems, thyroid problems, asthma, blood diseases and those lovely little motors in your frames. :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
FDJ showing 'form' in the TT at Criterium Int.

6 riders in top 15.

it's a weak sauce field these days with calendar clashes....

agree with the bolded
but if our fav british team put 6 riders in the top 15 we wouldn't care about the weak field

silly comment Pastro, as flagging up FDJ as i would Sky shows egalitarianism.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
FDJ showing 'form' in the TT at Criterium Int.

6 riders in top 15.

It's a weak sauce field these days with calendar clashes....

FDJ used to be part of the weak sauce.......

There are only 6/7 ProTour level teams at this race and they are all the weaker ones. Sam Bennett Top 15 in the TT, a good pro but when he is that high in a TT, it is definitely a weak field.

No SKY, Etixx, BMC, Tinkoff, Trek, Katusha, Movistar, Lotto, Lampre, Jumbo NL, Astana etc. You can bet if they were all there, we wouldnt even notice FDJ and this would be a moot subject. If you want to argue FDJ are the strongest of the weak teams, fair enough but it seems a bit pointless really.

By itself, this result can't result in anything but raising an eyebrow or two. But it's not the first time this season FDJ pulls something similar. There's certainly some smoke here - with all due caveats (early season, weak field, individual plausibility), but still.

I know I've made a mental note and will be following them closely.

staubsauger said:
pastronef said:
Michael Rasmussen @MRasmussen1974
No more Complaints about "ciclisme a deux Vitesse" anymore I guess.

https://twitter.com/MRasmussen1974/status/713798988277948416
Chicken speaks 100% the truth. Pinot is about to become the French RoboBasso if this sudden tt ability lasts. Absolutely laughable!

Yet, people complained about Aru last year.

I'm not defending Pinot in regards to doping (i'd be surprised if he's clean) but his TT ability isn't sudden, he's never been hopeless against the clock and has been improving with some good results in TT's last season, this TT win wasn't against much so it's not exactly like this result was a surprise

staubsauger said:
pastronef said:

Chicken speaks 100% the truth. Pinot is about to become the French RoboBasso if this sudden tt ability lasts. Absolutely laughable!

Basso won the Criterium International in '06. Froome won in '13... ;) .

We shall see: there's a lot of truth in hrota's post...when an entire team shows big improvement, it deserves scrutiny. Fair enough.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Tonton said:
staubsauger said:
pastronef said:

We shall see: there's a lot of truth in hrota's post...when an entire team shows big improvement, it deserves scrutiny. Fair enough.

Watched the last climb today - nothing extraordinary, but rather funny: Peraud sent a young dom out to tow him later, but FDJ kept him on a short leash... nevermind, said JCP and jumped ahead, but with not much towpower and also his own he quickly dropped back. But this youngster was a tough nut, stayed at the front (looking half-dead, Voeckler style), almost got caught, sprinted away, again back to few bikelengths... until Pinot attacked in the last 2k. And the guy held on and defended his 2nd place, remember the name: Pierre-Roger Latour. He would probably have won the stage if the team focused on him (but the goal was GC of this 3day event for Peraud). Maybe if he goes to SKY, then you should start worrying (Brailsford still looking for his next french winner).

doperhopper said:
Tonton said:
staubsauger said:
pastronef said:

Watched the last climb today - nothing extraordinary, but rather funny: Peraud sent a young dom out to tow him later, but FDJ kept him on a short leash... nevermind, said JCP and jumped ahead, but with not much towpower and also his own he quickly dropped back. But this youngster was a tough nut, stayed at the front (looking half-dead, Voeckler style), almost got caught, sprinted away, again back to few bikelengths... until Pinot attacked in the last 2k. And the guy held on and defended his 2nd place, remember the name: Pierre-Roger Latour. He would probably have won the stage if the team focused on him (but the goal was GC of this 3day event for Peraud). Maybe if he goes to SKY, then you should start worrying (Brailsford still looking for his next french winner).

I won´t worry anyway, if he either goes or stays.
I watch and see what happens. and read the comments on the internet ;)
French guy going for the Tour is needed

doperhopper said:
Tonton said:
staubsauger said:
pastronef said:

His name is Pierre Latour according to inrng.
"Local rider: Pierre Latour lives very near today’s finish. The Ag2r La Mondiale rider is a 22 year old second year pro. He is listed all over the place as “Pierre-Roger” Latour but the double first name is wrong, he’s Pierre, just Pierre. It stems from a mix-up long ago on a results sheet from which his name was copied into the UCI database. Even his team perpetuates the mistake when friends and family don’t."
And yeah he is the real deal. https://rouleur.cc/journal/riders/pierre-latour-interview

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
FDJ hired a new swimming coach overwinter, and, not to forget, they finally got Pinot in the windtunnel.

Please do note Lawson Craddock in the top 10. As well the podiumfinish of Oomen.

doperhopper said:
Tonton said:
staubsauger said:
pastronef said:

Pierre-Roger Latour or Pierre Latour or however you call him. In last year's Route du Sud he ended up 3rd in GC with a nice ride up Port de Bales - the stage where Contador dropped Quintana on the descend. This guy seems like another french next big deal.

About Pinot's TT, if i remember CI always had a short TT/Prologue on stage 2, lemmie check if i'm right... I seems nothing changed. If i remember this basically prologue is on a relatively bumpy terrain. I think i wouldn't write down any conclusions but just wait when he'll ride a relatively flat, >30km TT and then conclude.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
FDJ hired a new swimming coach overwinter, and, not to forget, they finally got Pinot in the windtunnel.

Please do note Lawson Craddock in the top 10. As well the podiumfinish of Oomen.
I'm not sure i'm reading this post as intended. If i remember correctly Craddock was one of those USA GC hopes, alongside Dombrowski and Talansky that ultimately didn't break out. Sam Oomen, that's much more interesting result, wasn't he a relatively talented dutch puncher/classics rider? Ospedale is quite big for punchers, it's more pure climbers stuff. I sadly didn't watch it so i cannot write here anything additional.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
has Mentheour's book ever been discussed/reviewed in the Clinic, or anywhere?
Fmk_rol maybe? The title is "Secret défonce. Ma verite sur le dopage", it's from 1999 or 2000.
Fro what i understood It's pretty damning for Madiot.

TRENDING THREADS