• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riccardo Ricco - what does he do 2013?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he had more fans than enemies despite his character. that says more than enough about how colorful and joyful he was. he spoke out his mind, he sent plants to riders like pozzato with a card saying "these plants are grown stuck into the ground like you have grown stuck in the peloton, cowards like you don't belong in a peloton" and he was completely right. ricco >>>> pozzato x10

_O_

awesome

and then there was this: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-sneaks-into-italian-sportif-ride

"appearing from behind a house" :D:D

The Hitch said:
If you are going to keep labeling riders you don't like as "cheats" in the prr section, could you please stop claiming that you are too high and mighty for the clinic and that you are above doping discussions. It seems nothing more that a cowardly way of saying that you want to be able to use doping to attack anyone you don't like, but you don't want anyone to be allowed to rebutt or respond.

you were warned by a mod yesterday to take it to the clinic anyway.
plus a hundred and one.

woodenswan said:
awesome

and then there was this: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-sneaks-into-italian-sportif-ride

"appearing from behind a house" :D:D

he also sneaked in other gran fondo and the organizers called "i carabinieri", the police to pull him out.
the organizer said from the car to the riders "if ricco doesn't go away,you will all get disqualified". but the amateur riders choose to stand by him saying we don't want him to end like marco or VDB. quite the contrast with the hypocrisy of pro peloton...

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
2 mil may be enough for a few years, but sooner or later he'll need to fins something.

When you have earned over 2 Millions (+ the sponsoring contract) on a short period, you don't need to be very smart to insure yourself an easy live whithout working, you can buy easily 4/5 houses/flats (250.000€ each) that you rent, and every month a good salary he's going directly to your bank account (3.000/4.000€).

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
he also sneaked in other gran fondo and the organizers called "i carabinieri", the police to pull him out.
the organizer said from the car to the riders "if ricco doesn't go away,you will all get disqualified". but the amateur riders choose to stand by him saying we don't want him to end like marco or VDB. quite the contrast with the hypocrisy of pro peloton...

that's a great anecdote, first time i hear about it. thx for sharing it!

May 28, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
he says he's a trainer now so no worries

Didn't Luca Benedetti, a guy who he works/trains(?) with, win a race last weekend? Ricco was mentioning something about a better engine than Wiggins/Nibali on twitter.

Ryo Hazuki said:
ahaha yes. I read that ferrari statement. he's f;'n hilarious :D

also he someone says he should go work and he laughs at him saying no, I was smart enough to iake care of my money. now I can do whatever I want instead of you people working as sheep :D

Ha ha
I bet he's as smart as a bag of ****

Dead or broke and coaching spin classes by 2020

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Saw this photo on his Twitter last month. Isn't that Cipollini's women's team jersey?
BHpKlE6CEAEH5cx.jpg

That is called class.

Pentacycle said:
Didn't Luca Benedetti, a guy who he works/trains(?) with, win a race last weekend? Ricco was mentioning something about a better engine than Wiggins/Nibali on twitter.

Benedetti is having a very good season he already won 6 races this year. 2 last week (thursday and sunday). Didnt know he was trained by Ricco though.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Benedetti is having a very good season he already won 6 races this year. 2 last week (thursday and sunday). Didnt know he was trained by Ricco though.

He's on a roll then, incredible season so far. Perhaps he'll be watched by a few pro teams now.

I don't know if he's been trained by Ricco though, I hoped someone else could shed more light on that.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

ahaha. benedetti was suspended for doping. he has no talent and now he wins everything again in elite/u23 since ricco is his trainer :eek:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
He's on a roll then, incredible season so far. Perhaps he'll be watched by a few pro teams now.

I don't know if he's been trained by Ricco though, I hoped someone else could shed more light on that.

yes and his results are best discussed in the clinic. the word ridiculous doesn't even cover him.

May 6, 2011
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
Just calculated it, would make 40.000 a year over 50 years, so I underestimated it, and you and Ryo might be right.

If you can find a bond or something on 5% pa then you have 100,000 income per annum without eroding the capital...

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Is he allowed to ride Gran Fondos? Or is he banned from those as well?

I think he´s banned also from Gran Fondos. Someone said somewhere they tried to prevent him from starting, and he only started because other GF riders refused to start if he wasn´t allowed to.

The others won´t behave like than in every GF, and only following rules, he might be out.

Rumsas, IIRC, had to wait until his ban ended before he rode GFs.

Ricco would have been a nice addition to this 2013 Giro, no doubt about that. This February 2011 incident was so stupid... :rolleyes: Ruined his career.

This guy is an idiot and absolutely non-likeable, but a great rider. Don´t know why he is out now for so many years. The same sh*t as the 2009 da Ros story: 20 years! (later reduced to four).

He might be twittering nice posts, but inside, he will feel sh*tty.

TRENDING THREADS