• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ricco's Girlfriend positive for CERA

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
could being on CERA when pregnant have an effect on the kid?

Well, it certainly will baffle the doctor's assessment of the baby's Apgar score. It won't be cyanotic, it will react to stimulus, it will be mobile and active but respiration will be absent and pulse will be below 60!!

Holy bejeezus, what a couple of retards! If Cav won't slap him, I'm first in line!

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Like everyone has been saying... We never saw that coming. To bad for her she chose the wrong guy. I wonder if Cera will have any affects on the kid.

When I was young, I fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.

Que Cera, Cera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Cera, Cera
What will be, will be.

poor girl...Ricardo wanted to show her his kitchen skills but somehow used the wrong ingredient...

instead of this..
172404.jpg

he used this...
mircera.jpg

:D:D

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
could being on CERA when pregnant have an effect on the kid?

actually it’s a good question. i don’t think anyone knows the answer because human fetal hemopoiesis is understudied.

curiously fetuses circulate their own epo throughout their gestational age (and babies iirc have 'riis' hct' ;) - in the range of 60%).

it’s my pure speculation that the baby would be fine if she took cera during pregnancy under good medical supervision. but if I was her doctor id be concerned with the toxic effect of peg polymer (cera carrier molecule ) due to accumulation in fetus. even a fully developed kidney can’t pass the huge non-auto molecule easily.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No, It is doubtful that she doped while pregnant. The article states that she returned to racing shortly AFTER her pregnancy, and placed 2nd at the Italian Cross Nats. It is likely she doped in the run-up to the nationals, and after she gave birth.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
python said:
actually it’s a good question. i don’t think anyone knows the answer because human fetal hemopoiesis is understudied.

curiously fetuses circulate their own epo throughout their gestational age (and babies iirc have 'riis' hct' ;) - in the range of 60%).

it’s my pure speculation that the baby would be fine if she took cera during pregnancy under good medical supervision. but if I was her doctor id be concerned with the toxic effect of peg polymer (cera carrier molecule ) due to accumulation in fetus. even a fully developed kidney can’t pass the huge non-auto molecule easily.

Would it pass through the placenta, though?

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Feldy82 said:
Like everyone has been saying... We never saw that coming. To bad for her she chose the wrong guy. I wonder if Cera will have any affects on the kid.

so you're saying she doped because of who she's with?

in the hood you'd be called a "ho sympathizer" :eek:.

ed rader

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
CycloErgoSum said:
Too bad about a cycling ban. She could always try swimming. She looks like she'd be good at it *wink

(don't ya just love reverse-sexism aka catiness!)

Yeah, breast-stroke!! :D

Sadly I don't think there will be any family issues with morality, integrity and dignity when their child decides to move up the junior ranks as quickly as Ricco did...

A

Anonymous

How long till Ricco throws her under the bus?

"uh... I am just shocked. I mean.... after the shame that I endured.. to see her... throw away her career."

"oh no, why would you... I have NO FREAKING IDEA WHERE SHE GOT THE STUFF! I'm not answering anymore stupid questions."

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hotbrakes said:
Hopefully ASO will not let Ricco ride the Tour ever again.

He did his time. As long as other ex dopers are able to ride the tour I see no reason for not allowing him to ride.

The thing I find interesting is the fact that a 2 year ban on fellow riders isn't enough to persuade others to not dope. Its obvious Riders still think it is worth doping.