• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders to reach 100 pro wins

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which riders will reach 100 pro wins?

• Total voters
I think both Demare and Roglič should narrowly get to 100 wins while Pogačar is on track to get close to 150.

I don't see any other rider on the list reaching 100 wins.

Demare only needs five more wins. He turns 33 this August, so it seems pretty possible, yet this year he seems to be going backwards having a quick look at his recent results. Did he struggle with an illness or crashes or something, or is this just a *** season of grand magnitude so far?

@tobydawq is your man:
According to my spreadsheet (which on this parameter is not as thorougly fact-checked as the win stat) this is how the current pros rank in WT wins (including Olympic road races and World Championships road races):

1: Sagan - 72
2: Cavendish - 69
3: Valverde - 60 (includes wins from 2003 and 2004 in future WT races)
4: Roglic - 44
5: Froome - 35
6: Gilbert - 32
6: Sam Bennett - 32
8: Pogacar - 31
9: Ewan - 30
10: Viviani - 27
10: Matthews - 27
12: Alaphilippe - 25
13: Van Aert - 24
13: Porte - 24
15: Boasson Hagen - 23
15: Nibali - 23
15: Quintana - 23
18: Gaviria - 22
19: Démare - 21
20: Degenkolb - 20
20: Simon Yates - 20

So, in conclusion, 100 WT wins is impossible. Unless, maybe, your name is Tadej Pogacar.

To update a few numbers:

Roglic - 57
Pogacar - 54

Nobody else has moved the needle massively since that post (nobody on the list has won more than twice on the WorldTour since that update which makes the Slovenians' movements seem utterly bizarre).

Of riders outside that list, we now have (sorry for weird order):
Van der Poel - 22
Evenepoel - 23
Philipsen - 21
Vingegaard - 20