• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders to reach 100 pro wins

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which riders will reach 100 pro wins?

• Total voters
100 wins is a significant achievement, only 23 men have ever reached the landmark.
Unless Demare gets there in the coming months there will be no active riders over 100. (assuming Sagan and Cav retire and Valverde does not make a comeback).
My gut feel is that perhaps only Pogacar will reach it.

He has had 1 victory so far this season

To be fair, he didn't have a great Paris Nice, but then he only entered one more Tour, which he won the opening time trial of and then crashed out. So it's not that it's a fair comparison to say last year, even though his start was better ofc.

But: he's not getting any younger, and 19 wins are quite a lot to still take.

Reactions: Sandisfan
To be fair, he didn't have a great Paris Nice, but then he only entered one more Tour, which he won the opening time trial of and then crashed out. So it's not that it's a fair comparison to say last year, even though his start was better ofc.

But: he's not getting any younger, and 19 wins are quite a lot to still take.
The thing is that he needs like 10 wins this year, and has only 1 so far. It's not a comparision with past years.

Roglic needs to dominate Dauphiné and the Tour to have a chance of winning 100 races. However, I think he won't do it and Pogacar may surpass him next year.

Why these two races? If it was just for the wins he could also go to a random small tour that has enough opportunities e.g.
Also it's really not a given he won't end the season with 7-10 wins, if he reaches last years level and doesn't race against Pogi all the time.
Also we have no way of knowing of how long he can still win. Somehow I have the feeling Roglic will last 3 more seasons as a potential winner of things. But that might be to optimistic.

Last edited:
Considering the bulk of Rogličes wins in regards to this season are still to come, and the season to likely still include a lot of racing, i expect breaching or just shy of 90 this season is a realistic goal. Would likely be closer to 95 with a bit more luck in the spring campaign. But in the end that is not all that important.

Considering the bulk of Rogličes wins in regards to this season are still to come, and the season to likely still include a lot of racing, i expect breaching or just shy of 90 this season is a realistic goal. Would likely be closer to 95 with a bit more luck in the spring campaign. But in the end that is not all that important.
9 more wins this season? Wonder where he's getting those.

He is doing Tour-Vuelta. He needs to dominate one of those to have a chance of winning 90 races.

200 is an average of 15 wins per season until hes 33.

Hardly impossible.

Unless he suffers career threatening injury or a lack of motivation I would say he is a big favorite to make it to 150 at least
200 is an average of 15 wins per season until he's 34, at the end of 2032.
But I doubt he will even ride then, let alone keep that percentage. He started with 20.
Things doesn't always go smooth, it's cycling after all, anything can happen.

Reactions: Wyndbrook