• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
DBotero said:
So Uran is thinking about winning a mountain stage.I don't see it happening but at least he should try as he seems recovered from his illness.No TDF this year,Olympic road race his big target of the season.
Yeah and after Rio he should focus on hilly one day races for the rest of the season, he has never been good in s 2nd gt after riding the Giro, so he should just go for one day races and maybe a few smaller stage races.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
he's obviously sick, just like amador is (according to unzue) this definitely isn't uran's normal level. he also was much better 1 week ago.

which leads us to the major problem. uran ALWAYS has bronchitis, why is he focussing on the giro then every year?

But he had bronquitis in the Vuelta as well when he was 5th close to Contador and Froome in time and he has bronquitis as well in le Tour when he was wearing the white yersey, and he had bronquitis last year after Romandie and o started il Giro with problems.

So maybe he is weak for 3 races.. it is a `problema Landa has faced in his short pro life and he will face more times...but Landa has incredible talent.

So I dont think he is overstimated, he can win perfectly Olimpic this year to thebest rider of the world and he could have won that Giro to Nibali with another weather IMO and without work at the begining, and that is a very hight level, but if you tend to be sick in 3 weaks, it is difficult consider you a good rider for 3 weaks...

I think hemust focus in more objetive than just 2 or 3 on the year. In his forst years, with 22 year old, he shopwed all the year a wvery good levelinvery different kind of races.. He can go for the Giro, ok, but he must try to win something before. Maybe it is not the best for the Giro but in the Giro at the end it is a question of luck with health...
You have to put a avatar of contador until le tour

We didnt bet anything at the end, and less that, anyway I said without problems... if he is sick is a problem, although I admit that when is something usual it is a weakness of the rider and in some way I have to admit you are right, But I know that if Uran is in perfect phisical-health conditions he is able to win a Giro like this one. He can trial better than Kruijswick, he is better in altitude than Valverde, he is good in explosive final as tomorrow... he can be at a good level for 3 weeks, and he is very good in climb ITT since he was young despite his very bad ITT this year.

Uran is always sick when underperforming, at least according to him. I'm curious how come Contador or Valverde are never sick?

Mr.White said:
Uran is always sick when underperforming, at least according to him. I'm curious how come Contador or Valverde are never sick?
The same way I hadn't missed a single day of my high school due to ilness and some of my class-mates were ill every second month.

People have different strenghts of their immune systems.

Mr.White said:
Contador and Valverde are never sick?

:D :D :D :D :D

Now I've heard everything.

In any case, good ride overall by Uran, a whopping six guys did better than him across these three weeks. That's good for anyone, not just someone who had his issues. Worried about where his TT has gone, but good to see he was able to hang with the best at the end.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Watch the Being broadcast with Santiago Botero as the broadcaster. We both saw the same thing. Towards the end.

And yes Chaves was too tired.

What about the illness? You don't believe he was actually sick? did you?

I don't give a crap about Botero's broadcast. Uran pulled Chavez. Chavez didn't have anything else, so obviously Uran wouldn't be willing to stay with him, when they're on different teams and pursuing different goals.
Use your reasoning instead of being emotional.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
So now what ? Not sick anymore? What happened to the Bronquitis?

Idiot!

Almost costed Chaves place in the podium for nothing. Nothing!

At least Santiago Botero agrees with me. He was fuming!

Idiot? He tried to help Chaves... If Chavito had had any legs left and stayed with Uran, he would have kept the maglia rosa, and it would've been thanks to Uran.

lenric said:
Escarabajo said:
Watch the Being broadcast with Santiago Botero as the broadcaster. We both saw the same thing. Towards the end.

I don't give a crap about Botero's broadcast. Uran pulled Chavez. Chavez didn't have anything else, so obviously Uran wouldn't be willing to stay with him, when they're on different teams and pursuing different goals.
You are probably right.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

lenric said:
Escarabajo said:

Yes and No.

Yes, he did pull Chavez for a few minutes, but when Chavez got dropped, he should stop pulling and let Valverde do all the work because he was jeopardizing his 2nd place.

I saw the finale a couple of times now and TBH he did not help Valverde that much. At the beginning when he was pulling on Colle de la Lombarda and was helping Chaves and Valverde at the same time. Then Chaves could not hold on any longer and Uran dragged Valverde for just a little bit. When he turned around and realized that Chaves was not coming back he stopped working with Valverde. And on television I did not see him pull again after that. I guess he was not interested in gaining much and it was Valverde responsibility for the fight of the podium and he realized that.

Some people care for nationalism and some don't. I am very nationalistic. But it was his choice not to stay back and that is what they should do if they are not on the same teams. Maybe if I was from Spain or Italy where they have so many champions I wouldn't be so nationalistic. Don't know.

Having said that, I have seen riders helping other riders for no reason, not even from the same country. So maybe the Commentators and I thought he would stay back but it wasn't the case. I really never mattered anyway because Chaves was too weak.

This is the second time that Uran ends up with great shape. This lead me to believe that he probably lacked kilometers before the race. It depends on every rider and he might be the kind that needs more. They should check what is going on with him. His TT abilities will come back once his shape is back, IMHO. At least he would be better and not horrendous.

They should take him to the Tour and then the Olympics. He does not do well with a second GT during the year so why not try the Tour instead of the lesser Vuelta. Besides at the Olympics everyone would be in very good shape coming from the Tour. Nibali and Valverde are doing it. He should too. Him and Henao are our best hopes for the Olympics. Henao might be gone then and I don't think he would have much of a chance against the riders coming from the Tour.

My 2 cents. :)