• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Arredondo said:
Read my whole post please;)
Read when I posted it and when you edited yours ;)

I agree with you. If he doesn't ride the Tour and focus 100% on the Vuelta, I think it will be an advantage for him that he DNFed.

~~~

Uran seemed to be the strongest in the group behind in stage 9, so I think he'll do great in the mountains too, but ofc it won't be easy to defend it with 5 MTFs and a MTT still to go.

aarononymous said:
This, not to get ahead of ourselves as a lot left in this race, but a Tour podium in 2015 would be awesome

Podium? Dude if this tt form shows itself in climbing, we are going to be laughing at how once upon a time people rated froome or Quintana higher just as we laugh now at how we once rated Gesink as superior to Nibali

1.17!!!!

Tony Martin doesn't win tts by 1.17.

The Hitch said:
Podium? Dude if this tt form shows itself in climbing, we are going to be laughing at how once upon a time people rated froome or Quintana higher just as we laugh now at how we once rated Gesink as superior to Nibali

1.17!!!!

But this is a very weak field of tt'ers. Nonetheless it is still a very impressive result.

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:

1.17!!!!

umm... against this field he would
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23611
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24039 flat 33km
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23425
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=21145

Other than the 2 or 3 other elite tt riders in the world, he easily gains 1-2 seconds per km on anyone else.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
ppl are cribbing abt 1 17?

evans made a lot of mistakes in his ride. i saw him overshoot/slip atleast twice.

in the last segment evans and uran were almost equal.

Uran did a good TT. but he actually gained in second section where he powered through.

Also, OPQS riding purely for GC, esp in the Tour, is hard to believe.

ther00kie16 said:

De Gendt 3rd 1.01?

Dude, Uran beat De Gendt by more than twice that yesteday (and it wasn't twice the distance or twice the time);)

Yes, Martin is better, but we are talking about a 3 time world tt champion and even still he rarely gets the kind of margins Uran gave yesterday.

Also i'd be careful with the weak field argument. Hiaarchy in cycling changes day to day. When Froome beat Santa and Horner on Tivo, everyone cried - weak field. Since then one of them won a Giro mtf, the other one a gt and beat Contador's record on Angliru.

Contador and Froome weren't there but there were some perfectly capable hilly tt riders and he smashed them out of the water.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah, I don't dare to use the weak field argument anymore after I called Nibali's first Vuelta win a weak field win. And then the results in the years later proved different

Humble and honest man,respect.

As for the topic:
Im quite surprised there is not much talk about maglia rosa effect on him.Can he manage the psychological pressure,can he make right decisions?Lets hope he can,but its not guaranteed.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah, I don't dare to use the weak field argument anymore after I called Nibali's first Vuelta win a weak field win. And then the results in the years later proved different

Me neither, it only angers the fanboys, which yields pointless discussions.

jens_attacks said:
it's all about the veins.

it was a pretty epic win. the guy is a beast but i hope he won't win il giro only because he did a brutal time trial. time to respond to glorious attacks in the mountains, rigo!

and well done/.

The veins... it's in the veins I see :) Looking back at Hincapies legs he should've been a monster :)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
gmedina said:
Haha, ok, read that wrong. Anyways, why did Cav was insulting Soler??? I didnt know about this.

he didn't just insult soler, he punched him on the bike so hard soler crashed out of the gior. after stage cav wanted to fight again. also cav is supposedly racist towards certain colombian riders. or he was at least. he's not liked at all.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Uran clearly thinks Evans is no problem as he did not even mention Evans. Uran should remember Cadel looks better in mountains this year i no it is only Trentino but Evans dropped a light climber like Pozzovivo who was clearly trying.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:

1.17!!!!

Froome beat Uran in Romadie by 15 seconds and who do you think was in higher form clearly someone who was peaking for the Giro should be further on than Froome so Froome would have done the same today people don't need to get ahead of themselves Uran would never beat Froome in the TDF. It is laughable. He would not even beat Contador or an on form Quintana. Froome does to Nibali what Nibali doen to Uran last year and i will give you a clue to not be rude it involves a good but* kicking.

TRENDING THREADS