• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Time to revaluate his cycling goals.
Vaughters said he has been suffering from bronchitis. I don't believe it for a second. Rigo really has declined massively. This MTT should be his bread and butter, but instead it's turning into his weakness.
Even at his best the MTT was never the best thing for Uran. A Chanti-like ITT should be though. However, he messed both up, and is seemingly climbing better than TTing.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Vaughters said he has been suffering from bronchitis. I don't believe it for a second. Rigo really has declined massively. This MTT should be his bread and butter, but instead it's turning into his weakness.
Even at his best the MTT was never the best thing for Uran. A Chanti-like ITT should be though. However, he messed both up, and is seemingly climbing better than TTing.
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=26051

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
he's obviously sick, just like amador is (according to unzue) this definitely isn't uran's normal level. he also was much better 1 week ago.

which leads us to the major problem. uran ALWAYS has bronchitis, why is he focussing on the giro then every year?

Ryo Hazuki said:
Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=17392
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=22033
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24022

Uran has always been solid at MTT's.

Ryo Hazuki said:
Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Yes, I had this MTT in mind when I made that statement. If you then see the stage up the Zoncolan, Uran was the second best climber. He was the second or third best climber of that Giro but came 3rd there, quite comprehensively.

Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
he's obviously sick, just like amador is (according to unzue) this definitely isn't uran's normal level. he also was much better 1 week ago.

which leads us to the major problem. uran ALWAYS has bronchitis, why is he focussing on the giro then every year?

Because that's the only GT where he can achieve a podium.

lenric said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

Peter Velits has a Vuelta podium.

Zinoviev Letter said:
lenric said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

My congratulations to him. However, that doesn't contradict my point, as in that Uran's best chance of achieving a GT podium is il Giro, where the field is generally weaker than in la Vuelta.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

lenric said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
lenric said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

My congratulations to him. However, that doesn't contradict my point, as in that Uran's best chance of achieving a GT podium is il Giro, where the field is generally weaker than in la Vuelta.

Vuelta generally has stronger field than the Giro? :eek:

yeah right, sure, whatever ...

hmmm maybe you are right, Cobo and Horner are a clear display of the Vuelta quality ...

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
The field is generally stronger on paper in the Vuelta, but rarely are most of the big names at anywhere near their best form. The Giro is harder to win or podium because the favourites will mostly be in top shape.

True. And I agree with you, but a peak Uran isn't able to beat any of the big 4.
Moreover, there is a new generation coming, such as Aru, Landa, Garderen or Majka.
We can argue that Uran isn't that much older than them, especially considering Garderen, but his level has been decreasing, while the other riders level is increasing.
I'm not saying that Uran is worse than them, but his potential is irrelevant if he can't achieve it.

We also have the likes of Valverde and Rodriguez (who are about to retire, I know), who consistently display a good level at la Vuelta, which means that the probability of Uran getting a podium in other race than il Giro is rather low, in my opinion.

But I hope that Uran can get his *** together (even if that means he has to go to other team). The better the riders, the better the show.

The problem is that Quintana has improved as did Nibali in 2013/14 and now you have riders like Chaves, Aru, Landa and others plus Froome and Contador so it is hard to see Uran making the podium of any GT unless he is healthy and at his peak and even then it will be hard. No GT rider has disappointed me more in the last two years than Uran and probably Talansky who showed early promise. And then you have the current Giro leader plus Dumoulin who could get better and others. It's a stacked field. Coming into the race he sounded confident and said he thought it was his best chance to win the Giro so maybe he has either over trained or he is ill. Sometimes the form does not arrive and there is no reason for it. Good preparations don't always mean good results.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:

He also got sick durning the 2014 Vuelta. His health seems to be pretty fragile and he has never shined in 2 gts durning the same year, he should focus on one gt and one week races + hilly classics. Forget about riding another gt after the Giro and focus on the remaining hilly one day races.

Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:

But he had bronquitis in the Vuelta as well when he was 5th close to Contador and Froome in time and he has bronquitis as well in le Tour when he was wearing the white yersey, and he had bronquitis last year after Romandie and o started il Giro with problems.

So maybe he is weak for 3 races.. it is a `problema Landa has faced in his short pro life and he will face more times...but Landa has incredible talent.

So I dont think he is overstimated, he can win perfectly Olimpic this year to thebest rider of the world and he could have won that Giro to Nibali with another weather IMO and without work at the begining, and that is a very hight level, but if you tend to be sick in 3 weaks, it is difficult consider you a good rider for 3 weaks...

I think hemust focus in more objetive than just 2 or 3 on the year. In his forst years, with 22 year old, he shopwed all the year a wvery good levelinvery different kind of races.. He can go for the Giro, ok, but he must try to win something before. Maybe it is not the best for the Giro but in the Giro at the end it is a question of luck with health...

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

But he had bronquitis in the Vuelta as well when he was 5th close to Contador and Froome in time and he has bronquitis as well in le Tour when he was wearing the white yersey, and he had bronquitis last year after Romandie and o started il Giro with problems.

So maybe he is weak for 3 races.. it is a `problema Landa has faced in his short pro life and he will face more times...but Landa has incredible talent.

So I dont think he is overstimated, he can win perfectly Olimpic this year to thebest rider of the world and he could have won that Giro to Nibali with another weather IMO and without work at the begining, and that is a very hight level, but if you tend to be sick in 3 weaks, it is difficult consider you a good rider for 3 weaks...

I think hemust focus in more objetive than just 2 or 3 on the year. In his forst years, with 22 year old, he shopwed all the year a wvery good levelinvery different kind of races.. He can go for the Giro, ok, but he must try to win something before. Maybe it is not the best for the Giro but in the Giro at the end it is a question of luck with health...
You have to put a avatar of contador until le tour

portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

We didnt bet anything at the end, and less that, anyway I said without problems... if he is sick is a problem, although I admit that when is something usual it is a weakness of the rider and in some way I have to admit you are right, But I know that if Uran is in perfect phisical-health conditions he is able to win a Giro like this one. He can trial better than Kruijswick, he is better in altitude than Valverde, he is good in explosive final as tomorrow... he can be at a good level for 3 weeks, and he is very good in climb ITT since he was young despite his very bad ITT this year.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

We didnt bet anything at the end, and less that, anyway I said without problems... if he is sick is a problem, although I admit that when is something usual it is a weakness of the rider and in some way I have to admit you are right, But I know that if Uran is in perfect phisical-health conditions he is able to win a Giro like this one. He can trial better than Kruijswick, he is better in altitude than Valverde, he is good in explosive final as tomorrow... he can be at a good level for 3 weeks, and he is very good in climb ITT since he was young despite his very bad ITT this year.
You are hilarious my friend. If you are a MAN, you should put a avatar of contador. Uran isn't sick, he has always a excuse... he is sick since vuelta 2014...looooool

TRENDING THREADS