• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just found out that he got covid this year and he had a terrible experience with it. He only raced Catalunya after being with his wife and new baby. But he soon left Europe. He has not raced much this year and now it makes sense why. He probably won't ride the Tour de France now with no racing and after being sick. He will probably go to the Vuelta which is probably the least liked race by him. Hope he returns to racing soon and with good health. That is the important thing for now.

I just found out that he got covid this year and he had a terrible experience with it. He only raced Catalunya after being with his wife and new baby. But he soon left Europe. He has not raced much this year and now it makes sense why. He probably won't ride the Tour de France now with no racing and after being sick. He will probably go to the Vuelta which is probably the least liked race by him. Hope he returns to racing soon and with good health. That is the important thing for now.
Where did you find it? and over all, when is supposed he had covid??
As far as I know he will be in Suisse and in le Tour

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
This sounded very pessimistic but Rigo's form seems to be all right based on today's TdS stage.

Uran can be competitive on flat ITTs too and EF seem to be well prepared for TTs based on their TdS results. Neither in the mountains nor in the ITTs will he be the favourite but there's no reason why he could only surprise only in one and not the other. Roglic has always been mega strong in the first week ITTs, though, so I don't think Uran will beat him there unless something bad happens to Primoz.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It looks like covid has made him a better rider.

His most impressive performance since Giro 2014 ITT, perhaps. :openmouth:
Yes, Uran destroyed the field on stage 12 of 2014 Giro. Great to see him back at his best level. Kudos to EF for providing the team environment for Uran to deliver.

If Uran can ride at this level he could actually beat Roglic and maybe even Pogacar in TT. Great to see EF have finally managed to get the best out of Rigoberto.

Rigo's got his own plush animal, don't need no lions
image_1fe23970-084a-4d8e-b5a4-a3db0bc7eb17_1800x1800.jpg

TRENDING THREADS