• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rio 2016 Olympic Road Race and Time Trial courses

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
snccdcno said:

Correct decision from Kennaugh, must have been a hard call but he recognises he's not in the shape to contribute.

Cummings is a great addition to the GB team.
I'm sure cummings will ride strictly for himself now. revenge is a dish better served cold

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Anacona is in pretty horrible form, relative, so that would be a downgrade. Pantano should obviously be the first priority.

And glad to see Quintana skips the Olympics. Really good move.
One of his only chances in his career to shine on his own continent on a race perfectly suitable for him? A shame.

Bardamu said:
Valv.Piti said:
Anacona is in pretty horrible form, relative, so that would be a downgrade. Pantano should obviously be the first priority.

And glad to see Quintana skips the Olympics. Really good move.
One of his only chances in his career to shine on his own continent on a race perfectly suitable for him? A shame.

You can argue that, and you are right, but he obviously isn't right..

Ryo Hazuki said:
Pricey_sky said:
snccdcno said:

Correct decision from Kennaugh, must have been a hard call but he recognises he's not in the shape to contribute.

I'm sure cummings will ride strictly for himself now. revenge is a dish better served cold

I'd have no problem with that, in the form he is in this season a id love to see another solo attack.

Pricey_sky said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Pricey_sky said:
snccdcno said:

I'd have no problem with that, in the form he is in this season a id love to see another solo attack.
It would be best for the team anyway to let Cummings do what he does best and have other teams ride

Re:

robin440 said:
what about uran s chances?

In-form Urán would be a favourite. In a straightforward finale he would have won or placed second at the 2013 Worlds was it not for that nasty crash down the Fiesole. The problem is you never know how he'll present himself. Not these days anyway. And not because of lack of preparation, he's one of them real hard-workers.

This should be fun to watch on tv.. lots of big names going all-in in the break and back at the peloton will be hard to control and plenty of tactics... but i'll be live to cheer them on and for sure checking here to see whats going on..
So many options; Froome(of corse), Nibali, Valverde/Ion, Bardet, Porte, Superman Lopez, Poels, Zaka(!?), GVA, and so on...
the "easy" last 3km of the last climb+the technical descent+the last flat fast 10km(only 2 90o turns) make it hard to predict. at least for me...
should be good to bet on, i guess...

TRENDING THREADS