Rough Attempt at an All-Time Ranking

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Top 20 non Europeans maybe at a push.

Now, that's an interesting list. Assuming Froome is kept as British then LeMond is a clear number 1, I think. Who else makes the cut?

Definites: LeMond, Evans, Anderson, McEwan, Herrera, Bernal, Quintana,, Carapaz, Hampsten, Vinokourov, (10)

For your consideration: Bauer, Hesjedal, Horner, Uran, Hincapie, Leipheimer, O'Grady, Gaviria, Parra, Alcala, Hayman, Hamilton, Armstrong. Others I have forgotten

I think Hamilton makes the cut. Armstrong does too on the basis of his kept wins.

Now, that's an interesting list. Assuming Froome is kept as British then LeMond is a clear number 1, I think. Who else makes the cut?

Definites: LeMond, Evans, Anderson, McEwan, Herrera, Bernal, Quintana,, Carapaz, Hampsten, Vinokourov, (10)

For your consideration: Bauer, Hesjedal, Horner, Uran, Hincapie, Leipheimer, O'Grady, Gaviria, Parra, Alcala, Hayman, Hamilton, Armstrong. Others I have forgotten

I think Hamilton makes the cut. Armstrong does too on the basis of his kept wins.
The likes of Gerrans, Abduzhaparov, Rogers, Dennis, Goss and Porte would also at least belong in the discussion. Also, if Gaviria's there, then Ewan should definitely be. In the non-clinic-impacted alternate universe discussed originally, someone like Landis is definitely there too, of course.

Well, it's not a major sport in the US. I'm not embarrassed.

It's only since Jacques Boyer that we've had anyone race seriously in Europe. And LA's "issues" basically reset the clock to zero.
The Tour de Trump would have been bigger than the Tour de France if it wasn´t for that Fake News Giro that was happening at the same time.

ASK THE COMMUNITY