• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rudy Pevenage: " I am shocked about the level of drug abuse by Armstrong gangsters"

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
halamala said:
Jan Ullrich

Tour de France 2001

Stage 11, Ax-3-Domaines

Elevation / Höhenmeter [m] : 664 m
Distance / Streckenlänge [Km] : 8.9 Km
Time in seconds / Fahrzeit in Sekunden [sec] : 1410 = 23 min 30 sec = 23:39
Weight rider / Gewicht Fahrer [kg] : 72 kg
Weight bicycle, clothes etc. / Gewicht Fahrrad [kg] : 8 kg

Grade / mittlere Seigung : 7.4 %
Average speed / mittlere Geschwindigkeit : 22.7 Km/h
Total weight / Gesamtgewicht : 80.0 kg

Power : 456.2 Watt
Power / kg : 6.34 Watt / kg

Stage 12, Chamrousse

Elevation / Höhenmeter [m] : 1 300 m
Distance / Streckenlänge [Km] : 18.5 Km
Time in seconds / Fahrzeit in Sekunden [sec] : 2916 = 48 min 36 sec = 48:36

Grade / mittlere Seigung : 7.0 %
Average speed / mittlere Geschwindigkeit : 22.8 Km/h

Power : 437.5 Watt
Power / kg : 6.08 Watt / kg

Stage 13, Pla d'Adet

Elevation / Höhenmeter [m] : 850 m
Distance / Streckenlänge [Km] : 10.2 Km
Time in seconds / Fahrzeit in Sekunden [sec] : 1848 = 30 min 48 sec = 30:48

Grade / mittlere Seigung : 8.3 %
Average speed / mittlere Geschwindigkeit : 19.8 Km/h

Power : 424.0 Watt
Power / kg : 5.89 Watt / kg

Stage 14, Luz Ardiden

Elevation / Höhenmeter [m] : 979 m
Distance / Streckenlänge [Km] : 13.3 Km
Time in seconds / Fahrzeit in Sekunden [sec] : 2308 = 38 min 28 sec = 38:28

Grade / mittlere Seigung : 7.3 %
Average speed / mittlere Geschwindigkeit : 20.7 Km/h

Power : 402.6 Watt
Power / kg : 5.59 Watt / kg

Source: [ http://www.rst.mp-all.de/bergauf.htm ]

Thanks!
Though, Ullrich was 73 Kilos,i think.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Franklin said:
I hope he doesn't. He doesn't need this mess and from my impression if he get sucked into this again he will only come out wounded and unhappy.

He might find it very cathartic and lay all his ghosts to rest in one foul moment.

I think there were a lot of people on T-Mobile who are still in the sport and cycling could do with a bit of more truth than what we know.

I liked Jan and always hoped he would beat that idiot Texan .

I still dont advocate anyone getting the wins no matter if they rode 2 out of 5 tours clean. Ullrich was a doper. He doesn't deserve them. No one does except Bassons.

I hope the French give Bassons an honour after seeing how brave it was for him to swim against so much sh!t!

Benotti69 said:
I still dont advocate anyone getting the wins no matter if they rode 2 out of 5 tours clean. Ullrich was a doper. He doesn't deserve them. No one does except Bassons.

I hope the French give Bassons an honour after seeing how brave it was for him to swim against so much sh!t!

If the ASO keeps Periero as the 2006 title holder then I don't see a reason why Armstrong's titles should not be handed down to the second place finishers.

If they are left blank then Armstrong will still claim he holds them.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
So you can decide who is clean and who is not?
Matter of fact is that there is no piece of evidence, no statement of any rider or doctor which would link Ullrich to doping in 2000 and 2001.
Nobody denies 96-98 and 03-06, but at least for 00-01 there isn't simply anything you could throw in against Jan.

As much as i love Jan as you, the fact remains: "Wer einmal lügt, dem glaubt man nicht, auch wenn er dann die Wahrheit sagt".
We should leave it at that: Ulle doped, we are fanboys of him, but not in denial like the LA fanatics.
Yes Ulle was the most talented rider ever, but certainly born in the wrong country and at the wrong time and doing the wrong things for a to long time...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I think to argue for Ullrich as a winner of any of the races is a non starter.

If Ullrich wants to write a detailed 'secret race' type book outlining when, where and how he raced and told us that he did not dope during certain races, great look forward to reading that.

But I think Ullrich looks back at that era as a missed opportunity for cycling. He was as much part of the problem as nearly all the others that maintained their silence, so it would not be be right for him to come out and say he won this or that inthe media, but to release a book where he details those years he started in the Former East Germany right up to 2006, well then if he did race clean he would have a small moral victory but not much more.

He is that nice:
He never said he didn´t dope (compared to LA), he said he does not want to inherit the LA wins. He said he´s ok with everything, accepted his ban and all. Nothing to blame him.

Bavarianrider said:
So you can decide who is clean and who is not?
Matter of fact is that there is no piece of evidence, no statement of any rider or doctor which would link Ullrich to doping in 2000 and 2001.
Nobody denies 96-98 and 03-06, but at least for 00-01 there isn't simply anything you could throw in against Jan.

Freiburg is the problem. Reread some articles on the report yesterday and even though Ulrich isn't specifically mentioned, it is stated that EPO was continued to be administered to it's riders even after the Festina Scandal up to 2001.

May be him becoming a Fuentes client was either because he decided to move on to transfusions after the development of the EPO test and the Freiburg guys were not experts in transfusions or because Freiburg activities stopped between 2002-2005.

Still, I believe he was relatively clean in 2000-2001 to Armstrong and Ulrich 96-98 and post 2002.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
He is that nice:
He never said he didn´t dope (compared to LA), he said he does not want to inherit the LA wins. He said he´s ok with everything, accepted his ban and all. Nothing to blame him.

I have small admiration for Jan considering his comments, like those who cannot put 2 an 2 together i cannot help and others.

To say that there are very few since 1990 that i have admiration for is something in favour of Jan.

When I saw Indurain blasting past Millar in the Pyrennes I knew something was happening that was not natural! I switched off being a fan of riders from then.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I have small admiration for Jan considering his comments, like those who cannot put 2 an 2 together i cannot help and others.

To say that there are very few since 1990 that i have admiration for is something in favour of Jan.

When I saw Indurain blasting past Millar in the Pyrennes I knew something was happening that was not natural! I switched off being a fan of riders from then.

indurain was already a god without doping. look no futher than the tour of 1990.

Seen the Pevenage interview. He seemed quite honest about what he said, but clearly holding back a lot of things he did not. With reason: why would he reveal Feiburg details if that case is all but settled? Also, he did not make strong claims that Ulrich had been a clean rider, merely saying EPO was not what he used in that period. So as much as I would like to hear Ulrich was a worthy rider, he will probably remain part of the system, and a little more mannered than LA.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Ha. Same happened to me. Always loved to watch cycling since the end 70´s (i was too lazy doing endurance sports myself, so i personally performed in ball sports). Stopped it in 1991. I couldn´t even tell why. Just a bad feeling (in a hindsight my stomach feeling was right, just didn´t knew the word Epo back then). I just came back in 1997 after i heard the unimaginable, a young german finished 2nd in the TdF. Since then i am back, even survived trou the darkest Armstrong days up to now. I think i am hardened forever. The only thing that can take me off again is if it´s found out that every single race is fixed. That one i couldn´t swallow. That´s the definitive borderline....
But the much happier i am now that the biggest fraud is exposed once and for all...

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Well the re testing of those 1999 TDF samples would imply that there was a good possibility that Ullrich was not taking EPO that year. After Armstrong's six positives, only ~8% of the remaining samples were positive. This strongly suggests that most riders were not taking EPO that year.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
happychappy said:
A massive lump like Ullrich that CANNOT climb that fast with oxygen vector doping. It just is not possible.

Who says he's a "lump"? Lance and Johan? 72 Kgs, putting out over 400 watts for 42 minutes is a lump who cannot climb in your estimation? Ok.

After all the facts released in the past week and you still believe the negative propaganda from LA and JB, really?

"Cannot" climb...because of U. Bolts? Are you serious?

There appears to be more and more evidence that between 1999 and 2001 that with a HCT of around 42-43 Jan wasn't on EPO, or at least wasn't maximizing its use. Please tell me what rider doping with EPO would have a HCT as low as 42? We know Jan didn't autologous bld dope (ABD) then...so what did he use Test, insulin? Those PEDs don't propel you up a mountain like EPO or ABD, and certainly not like LA. Maybe that is what RP is saying?

Jan was not an innocent bike rider and I will not defend him for '96/'97 nor the later chapters of his career but the repetitive BS about being fat, under training, lower cadence, cannot climb blah blah blah... clearly are not true. His weight may have been accurate some of the time but just a minority.

I pose this question to you...try riding against a less rider like LA who emerges out of the ashes of the one day riders and starts playing with you like a child on a bike. LA crushes you over and over with a team of maxed out dopers (see Fabian's comments earlier this week) and you're insulted by a PR machine funded by a sociopath. Pretty uneven odds of competition (PEDs, team doping, UCI collusion, propaganda, psychological insults...) Maybe that had something to do with being unmotivated to race, especially when you're genetically far superior and being beaten by a sociopath who dopes to the max. I'm sure even you Happy wouldn't perform well against those odds.

LA had to dope more because he was not in the same class as riders like Jan, Alberto...

LA does have to live with that fact though, he's the weaker athlete and he always knew it. The more accurate version of what happened in the LA years is now coming out and its pretty staggering in support of anyone other than Little Lance.

TRENDING THREADS