• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rudy Pevenage: " I am shocked about the level of drug abuse by Armstrong gangsters"

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20121011_100

Maybe someone who speaks the language might have the time to produce a coherent translation.

The most important statements are clear, though.

-Pevenage is shocked by the doping policy of Armstrong and his team.
- He is especially suprised how they could use Epo for so lang.
- He says compared to what US Postal did, he was just a tiny little fish
- He says that Bruynell's arrival changed everything
- He was always astonished how Armstrong turned to a GT winner after his illness. He says before that , he wa sa solid one day or short tour rider, but nothing indicated he could ever perform over a whole GT
- He says it was very frustrating to be thrown out of the Tour, while knowing that the others were simply going on with their programms.
- He says now it's up to the UCi to decide what happens with Armstrong's Tour wins, as well as what happens to Bruynell

Bavarianrider said:
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20121011_100

Maybe someone who speaks the language might have the time to produce a coherent translation.

The most important statements are clear, though.

-Pevenage is shocked by the doping policy of Armstrong and his team.
- He is especially suprised how they could use Epo for so lang.
- He says compared to what US Postal did, he was just a tiny little fish
- He says that Bruynell's arrival changed everything
- He was always astonished how Armstrong turned to a GT winner after his illness. He says before that , he wa sa solid one day or short tour rider, but nothing indicated he could ever perform over a whole GT
- He says it was very frustrating to be thrown out of the Tour, while knowing that the others were simply going on with their programms.
- He says now it's up to the UCi to decide what happens with Armstrong's Tour wins, as well as what happens to Bruynell

or just read the the CyclingNews article?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pevenage-shocked-by-details-of-usada-report

Bavarianrider said:
Ok that's an option, too :D

Interesting that he's saying Ullrich went clean 99 to 2001.

"We worked like this until 2001, believing that our rivals were doing the same. But Armstrong and U.S. Postal made us wonder. We were seeing that nothing was true with them. We were seeing that Armstrong had become superhuman," the Belgian added.

"What could we do? Let him play while no control could get him? We tried to find the recipe. The same recipe as Armstrong. Today we finally can say that we were all the victims of Lance Armstrong and (U.S. Postal manager) Johan Bruyneel."

thehog said:

"We worked like this until 2001, believing that our rivals were doing the same. But Armstrong and U.S. Postal made us wonder. We were seeing that nothing was true with them. We were seeing that Armstrong had become superhuman," the Belgian added.

"What could we do? Let him play while no control could get him? We tried to find the recipe. The same recipe as Armstrong. Today we finally can say that we were all the victims of Lance Armstrong and (U.S. Postal manager) Johan Bruyneel."

I said it before and no one believed me.
Ullrich's 2001 Tour performance is the GOAT performance in terms of riding clean.

thehog said:

Where are those quotes from?

"Ich erinnere mich an die Tour 2001, Jan war wirklich in sehr guter Form, vielleicht so gut wie nie - und dabei sauber. Aber es war nichts auszurichten, Armstrong spielte mit ihm, es war abstoßend"

"I remember the Tour in 2001, Jan was really in a very good form, maybe his best ever- and he was clean. But there was abolutely no chance, Armstrong played with him, it was disgusting"

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/pevenage-telekom-jahrelang-sauber-103422327.html

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Apparantly not just Pevenage is shocked. Watching how the commentaries on Lance facebook page unfold a substantial number of his followers is shaken too.

The wind has changed and a lot of stuff is flying right into Lance face.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The quotes about Ullrich trying to race clean in the years after the Festina scandal ties in quite well with the following:

Cyclevaughters: believe me, as carzy as it sounds - Moreau was on nothing. Hct of 39%

FDREU: when in 2000-2001

Cyclevaughters: so, that's when you start thinking... hell, kevin was telling me that after 2000 Ullrich never raced over 42%--- yeah moreau in 2000-2001

Cyclevaughters: anyhow - whtever

FDREU: After 1999, you know many things changed. lance did not

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/instantmessage.html

So the idea that after Festina there was a will to bring about change, but this was blown out of the water by Armstrong, does seem to be credible.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The sociopath guy f**ked my summers from 2000 to 2005. I hoped from August to July Ullrich will win. Then after Hautacam, Alpe, Alpe, Mongie, Courchevel I was good for nothing. I believe I'm not the only one in this position. Ullrich was flying in 2001 on every single mountain stage. Bravo for him! 2001 Tour winner. He is the real hero, at least of that Tour.

Cloxxki said:
Ullrich being totally old school, could "clean and 42%" for him have meant very basic transfusions? He did ride kinda hard. Then again, he seems to be of LeMond proportions for talent.

I dont rembember where and by whom from USADA papers, but werent there indication that USPostal started tranfusing blood earlier than other teams and when others heard of it, they were pretty surprised.

Anyway. One general impression what I got from USADA files, was that USPostal was definetly ahead of others if we are talking about doping practises. And even inside the team there were different levels of doping: at first came Armstrong, then his inner circle (in first years Livingstone and Hamilton, later Landis) and then others. Blood tranfusion was higest step and it was not for everybody.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Robert21 said:
The quotes about Ullrich trying to race clean in the years after the Festina scandal ties in quite well with the following:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/instantmessage.html

So the idea that after Festina there was a will to bring about change, but this was blown out of the water by Armstrong, does seem to be credible.

thanks for reminding us of that chat. f..ck me, everything we suspected falls into place and shows itself to be true :eek:

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Jan Ullrich @ Alpe d'Huez, Tour 2001 : 6.03 W/kg

Bavarianrider said:
"Ich erinnere mich an die Tour 2001, Jan war wirklich in sehr guter Form, vielleicht so gut wie nie - und dabei sauber. Aber es war nichts auszurichten, Armstrong spielte mit ihm, es war abstoßend"

"I remember the Tour in 2001, Jan was really in a very good form, maybe his best ever- and he was clean. But there was abolutely no chance, Armstrong played with him, it was disgusting"

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/pevenage-telekom-jahrelang-sauber-103422327.html
Jan Ullrich

Tour de France 2001, Stage 10, Alpe d'Huez

Elevation / Höhenmeter [m] : 1 119 m
Distance / Streckenlänge [Km] : 13.8 Km
Time in seconds / Fahrzeit in Sekunden [sec] : 2404 = 40 min 04 sec = 40:04
Weight rider / Gewicht Fahrer [kg] : 72 kg
Weight bicycle, clothes etc. / Gewicht Fahrrad [kg] : 8 kg

Grade / mittlere Seigung : 8.1 %
Average speed / mittlere Geschwindigkeit : 20.6 Km/h
Total weight / Gesamtgewicht : 80.0 kg

Power : 434.4 Watt
Power / kg : 6.03 Watt / kg

Source: [ http://www.rst.mp-all.de/bergauf.htm ]

FSullricha_13.jpg

"Jan was really in a very good form, maybe his best ever" -Rudy Pevenage

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
I said it before and no one believed me.
Ullrich's 2001 Tour performance is the GOAT performance in terms of riding clean.

While you might be right, I remain skeptical. So, I'll give you 50-50 probability that Jan could have been riding clean those years.

Pevenage's statement stinks of cya (cover your *ss, for non-native English speakers). "OH, LOOK AT THEM! Look how NAUGHTY THEY were! OH! We were GOOD in comparison! We would NEVER be that bad!" Got any kids? They start learning that tune by the time they are two. It is juvenile misdirection. Unfortunately, it still works on adults. Does that mean he isn't being honest? No, he could be speaking honestly. But I doubt it. He's still hiding what he didn't get busted for.

Ironically, what we might get out of all this stuff coming out, is not how dirty it was - but how CLEAN it was. I mean, at this point, most or all of the posters in the Clinic believe the peloton was 100% dirty for more than 10 years, and at least 25% dirty (the pointy end) for another 10! Additionally, I think I could safely say that the Clinic thinks that 100% of riders in the pro peloton between 1994 and 2008 doped at some time during those years! The ones who got caught or were about to get caught 'fessed up to some minor indescretion - the smallest they felt they could admit and still look like they were telling us something. That much has been such a common pattern! So, if it turns out that somebody really COULD have been riding "clean" in those years, it would be a jolt upward.

hiero2 said:
While you might be right, I remain skeptical. So, I'll give you 50-50 probability that Jan could have been riding clean those years.

Pevenage's statement stinks of cya (cover your *ss, for non-native English speakers). "OH, LOOK AT THEM! Look how NAUGHTY THEY were! OH! We were GOOD in comparison! We would NEVER be that bad!" Got any kids? They start learning that tune by the time they are two. It is juvenile misdirection. Unfortunately, it still works on adults. Does that mean he isn't being honest? No, he could be speaking honestly. But I doubt it. He's still hiding what he didn't get busted for.

Ironically, what we might get out of all this stuff coming out, is not how dirty it was - but how CLEAN it was. I mean, at this point, most or all of the posters in the Clinic believe the peloton was 100% dirty for more than 10 years, and at least 25% dirty (the pointy end) for another 10! Additionally, I think I could safely say that the Clinic thinks that 100% of riders in the pro peloton between 1994 and 2008 doped at some time during those years! The ones who got caught or were about to get caught 'fessed up to some minor indescretion - the smallest they felt they could admit and still look like they were telling us something. That much has been such a common pattern! So, if it turns out that somebody really COULD have been riding "clean" in those years, it would be a jolt upward.

Tyler rode races clean during his doping era. You can't dope year round.

Alas I think in Pro rider terminology "clean" means not doing transfusions and EPO.

halamala said:
Jan Ullrich

Tour de France 2001, Stage 10, Alpe d'Huez

Elevation / Höhenmeter [m] : 1 119 m
Distance / Streckenlänge [Km] : 13.8 Km
Time in seconds / Fahrzeit in Sekunden [sec] : 2404 = 40 min 04 sec = 40:04
Weight rider / Gewicht Fahrer [kg] : 72 kg
Weight bicycle, clothes etc. / Gewicht Fahrrad [kg] : 8 kg

Grade / mittlere Seigung : 8.1 %
Average speed / mittlere Geschwindigkeit : 20.6 Km/h
Total weight / Gesamtgewicht : 80.0 kg

Power : 434.4 Watt
Power / kg : 6.03 Watt / kg

Source: [ http://www.rst.mp-all.de/bergauf.htm ]

The limit for clean riding

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
. . .
Alas I think in Pro rider terminology "clean" means not doing transfusions and EPO.
Concur - but I think you could probably add steroids and hgh to that.

Although - if you remember Parkin (Dog in a Hat), he said the riders using speed were termed to be riding "hot". So there is a little verbal discrimination.

TRENDING THREADS